New rifle now i need a scope!!

OP
Craig4791

Craig4791

WKR
Sure will Rock. Probably going to be heading up to Washington in the next few weeks to build a round for it with my buddy up there.

Thanks for all the help guys! I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a Swaro 4x12x50 Z3 with the BRH recticle. Should be here next week!

Nice work, hope it works out. This is the exact scope I'm looking at buying for my 6.5x47 - I like the Z3 lineup because of the weight, not to mention superb optics. Let us know how she fares!

OP
Craig4791

Craig4791

WKR
Just downloaded the swarovski optik ballistic app. Here is a rough idea of what I should be looking at shooting 190 gr Berger's with the BRH recticle.

Cool app to play with!

7yge9ada.jpg

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Remember the BRH models are parallax corrected at 200m. Not a big deal, but when shooting groups at 100 yards be sure to keep your eye centered in the exit pupil.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Personally I'd keep it simple and light just like your rifle. Get a VX-2 either 4-12 or 3-9 either with a 40mm objective with the CDS to give you the option to tinker with dialing in ranges later, but they can be had for $300 or less. They hold zero, are waterproof, and plenty of good optics. A Leupy VX-2 has been on well over half the rifles I own and for good reason, for the price they are tough to beat. Plus they are the lightest in their class for sure. The VX-2 3-9X40 is roughly 11 or 12 oz. Main thing is don't weigh down your lightweight rifle with a 18 oz+ hubble scope thats for sure. I subsribed to the K.I.S.S. method when it comes to rifle scopes for sure.