New Springbok bipod feedback wanted?

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes thats exactly what it is, the end of the Springbok is magnetized as well so it will stay put even if you lift the rifle to change positions, yet can be pulled out quick and inserted quick if need be. Nothing to tighten, twist, etc.

ClassicRifle_1_2048x_2.jpg

Ranger 692

Lil-Rokslider
Any more real world experience with one of these? I hunt a lot of sage country and find myself shooting from a sitting position 70% of the time and haven’t found a perfect solution yet that doesn’t weigh a ton

atmat

WKR
Any more real world experience with one of these? I hunt a lot of sage country and find myself shooting from a sitting position 70% of the time and haven’t found a perfect solution yet that doesn’t weigh a ton
I shoot seated sometimes. I would recommend one of the following: arca on tripod; rifle rested on your spotter/Binos on tripod; or hunting pack sitting vertical

The jury's still out for me on the springbok attachment itself. But the legs are the absolute perfect length for shooting from seated/kneeling position. For a more secure shooting position I unscrewed the legs from the springbok and attached them to a conventional javelin bipod holder thingy. The result is something waaaay more stable then shooting sticks at about the same weight/bulk.

1707243018408.png

When set up like this picture, how much stock pressure is required to get the rifle vertical? It looks like that center post is rigid inside the rubber section so it wants to resist angled shooting quite a bit.
IMG_3605.jpeg

The jury's still out for me on the springbok attachment itself. But the legs are the absolute perfect length for shooting from seated/kneeling position. For a more secure shooting position I unscrewed the legs from the springbok and attached them to a conventional javelin bipod holder thingy. The result is something waaaay more stable then shooting sticks at about the same weight/bulk.

View attachment 669399
Now that’s a setup I’m interested in. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like that combo is an option on their website, though it should be.

pirogue

WKR
For predator hunting, I’m seated 90% of the time. I recently got the Spartan Precision Pro Tac bipod with 19.5” to 42” legs. Super light, quick to attach and detach as it’s magnetic and fits into a sling swivel attachment. No bulk at all. Give Paul at HappyAntelope a call.

Now that’s a setup I’m interested in. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like that combo is an option on their website, though it should be.
True enough. They do offer longer legs separately that can be used with any of their bipods, but they are a bit longer/heavier than the ones that ship with the Springbok.

Honestly, the Springbok bipod mount would probably work just fine for you. As BMart mentioned, they all use the same connection style. I just felt like the flexibility of the springbok wouldn't add anything for my shooting style, which is in open--mostly level terrain. So I went with the rigidity of their conventional bipod combined with the long legs of the springbok. If I was in unleveled terrain I would definitely grab the Springbok and give it a go.

pirogue

WKR
For predator hunting, I’m seated 90% of the time. I recently got the Spartan Precision Pro Tac bipod with 19.5” to 42” legs. Super light, quick to attach and detach as it’s magnetic and fits into a sling swivel attachment. No bulk at all. Give Paul at HappyAntelope a call.
I just weighed mine. The head and legs weigh a mere .94 lb. The sling swivel adapter can’t be much.

True enough. They do offer longer legs separately that can be used with any of their bipods, but they are a bit longer/heavier than the ones that ship with the Springbok.
And way more expensive, $130 per leg! Oof.
I emailed the company to see if they could throw together the two parts you’ve got.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Can you explain the thought process behind believing that a bipod that jiggles/floats after you shoot being a good thing?
Hotest selling item at Western Hunt and SCI. I wasn't a Believer until I played with them some either. There isn't a better tool on the market for fast Target acquisition with the ability to follow the animal It's almost dummy proof it's so good.

left hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I was at SCI and was impressed enough I bought one on the spot. Seems like it would be perfect for calling coyotes where I hunt. Shots aren’t typically long but they can come in from many different locations so the ability to move positions quickly is a huge advantage for that. Also looking forward to trying it with my daughter’s squirrel hunting. Those things are always running through the trees and changing position