New Target stand/backstop build

I bought a bulldog target awhile back, they claim to have a lifetime guarantee but I didn’t like leaving it out in the sun and as it turns out the rain…only to have it wear out prematurely. When I moved it into this shed, water poured out of it for a long time, besides potential rotting issues the thing is heavy enough already.
I wanted to build this thing big enough to hold the target and add some extra room for errant arrows. I also wanted it to blend in and look vintage/antiqued. The roof and framing materials are new, (I’m considering a patina effect for the roof metal) but the siding is just old fence pickets and the facia and trim is some old reclaimed wood I’ve been saving. The styrofoam blocks shown, I found blowing around on a feeder road next to a major highway, If I hadn’t pick them up they would have been hit by cars and trucks making it look like we had just been by a summer snowstorm. I’ll fasten a couple round hooks to the floor and tighten it all together with a nylon ratchet strap.
I also plan on adding a 3/4 piece of treated plywood with a couple hinges that allow the plywood to fold out after the doors are open and cover the gap in between the structure and the ground, just in case we shoot too low.
My intention was to be able to move it around via a huge wagon it is made to sit on, allowing me to move it for some really long shots. I’m not so sure that is going to happen now, it is possible but kind of a pain especially with one person.

I’m not sure if this is more or less redneck than just a target sitting out, but I got a huge compliment from my bride afterwards, so there’s that as well.

Attachments

• 59565A39-DC03-4A48-94F7-1CB1CDE64A71.jpeg
    59565A39-DC03-4A48-94F7-1CB1CDE64A71.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 37
  • D0A0707C-8436-447D-A7C8-435B43D8635E.jpeg
    D0A0707C-8436-447D-A7C8-435B43D8635E.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited: