New to me Swarovski ATS 65 with no lens covers, what to do?

CorbLand

WKR
Is it going to be Worth it? I wonder if they have a file for the ATX 65 and 85 Objectives.
Dont know. We will find out. I didnt think 75 bucks was really that bad considering that you only have two other options and both are more than that.

Its also a custom deal, they dont stock them.

Last edited:
Hey guys, Tony from MKMachining here. I keep having Rokslide members calling me up asking about Spotting Scope Objective caps so I figured I would pop by. If anyone has any questions, feel free to tag me or send a DM.

We make custom size scope caps for whoever wants them. As mentioned before, there are custom fees associated for caps that we do not already have a CAD model for, but if they have already been designed then the fee is wiped off (CAD engineers are expensive to feed).

The 65mm cap will run ~$75 but the 85mm caps will be closer to the $80-85 range. Since these are custom made to order, these prices may fluctuate a bit depending on our work load, but a good rough price. The 85mm caps are getting on the larger end of what our hinge springs like meaning they might be a little flappy, but if you steal one of your wife's elastic hair ties and keep it on the body of your spotter, you can use it to hold down the large cap when in use.

CorbLand

WKR
Hey guys, Tony from MKMachining here. I keep having Rokslide members calling me up asking about Spotting Scope Objective caps so I figured I would pop by. If anyone has any questions, feel free to tag me or send a DM.

We make custom size scope caps for whoever wants them. As mentioned before, there are custom fees associated for caps that we do not already have a CAD model for, but if they have already been designed then the fee is wiped off (CAD engineers are expensive to feed).

The 65mm cap will run ~$75 but the 85mm caps will be closer to the $80-85 range. Since these are custom made to order, these prices may fluctuate a bit depending on our work load, but a good rough price. The 85mm caps are getting on the larger end of what our hinge springs like meaning they might be a little flappy, but if you steal one of your wife's elastic hair ties and keep it on the body of your spotter, you can use it to hold down the large cap when in use.
I wondered how many orders/questions you would get from this thread. I am excited to see how the 65 I ordered works out.

I wondered how many orders/questions you would get from this thread. I am excited to see how the 65 I ordered works out.
I just looked to see the status of these. They have been made and accounted for, but are still in post processing. I should see these either tomorrow or Monday to send your way.

We actually made a few extras to leave around incase another forum thread like this one pops up again. The 65mm Swaro is popular enough.

CorbLand

WKR
I just looked to see the status of these. They have been made and accounted for, but are still in post processing. I should see these either tomorrow or Monday to send your way.

We actually made a few extras to leave around incase another forum thread like this one pops up again. The 65mm Swaro is popular enough.
Sweet, I head to New Mexico for six days next weekend. If I have it before then, I can put it to use and get back with an initial review.

You all should put them on your website. I looked for something like this for a couple years and never would have known this could be done without this thread.

Swaro and KOWAs would be good ones to keep on hand.

Sweet, I head to New Mexico for six days next weekend. If I have it before then, I can put it to use and get back with an initial review.

You all should put them on your website. I looked for something like this for a couple years and never would have known this could be done without this thread.

Swaro and KOWAs would be good ones to keep on hand.
I'm pretty certain I can get them to you by then, but I can not account for the shipping provider.

Even use it off the bench....

IMG_5138.JPEG

MtnW

Lil-Rokslider
Tony MK Machining,
Do you , or will you make your flip up covers for the KOWA TSN-774 spotter?

I need a measurement. Our spotting scope caps that we have made are kinda niche and so do not get a whole lot of orders for them. We keep a list of sizes we have made, but not a list of what that customer purchased.

If you have a set of digital calipers and can give me a measurement, I will tell you if we have a model for it or of we need to design a custom cap.

MtnW

Lil-Rokslider
I need a measurement. Our spotting scope caps that we have made are kinda niche and so do not get a whole lot of orders for them. We keep a list of sizes we have made, but not a list of what that customer purchased.

If you have a set of digital calipers and can give me a measurement, I will tell you if we have a model for it or of we need to design a custom cap.

Thanks,
I do have a caliper. I will measure them and post it on here along with sending you a pm. I bet there are others on here that have KOWA spottters that would like to have your flip up covers.

It might be worth it to start a new thread for custom spotting scope caps in general. We are wanting to come out with a dedicated line of caps for spotting scopes, but we prioritized Laser Range Finding Binocular caps first. We wanted to also source stiffer springs to help out with the larger cap lids, but our current ones seem to do fine.
Let me know what you find.

MtnW

Lil-Rokslider
Tony MK Machining ,
Maybe other KOWA owners will also reply.
The KOWA TSN 770 series objective lens outside dimension is 3.66” or around 91.86mm, the eyepiece 2.195” or around 55.35 mm
Would want other TSN 770 series owners to verify measurements.
Per your request I will start a new thread on Spotting Scope Flip Up Covers

CorbLand

WKR
I got mine on Wednesday. Fit like a glove. I will report back after I have been able to use it for a bit with my likes and dislikes.

CorbLand

WKR
I got mine on Wednesday. Fit like a glove. I will report back after I have been able to use it for a bit with my likes and dislikes.
Popping this back up. Well, I will be honest, I havent used it as much as I thought I would. The aoudad hunt ended earlier than they generally do for us and the weather turned for my wifes deer hunt. She is a fair weather hunter, so we only did two days.

Overall, I really like it. I find it way better and easier to use than my SOC. My SOC had a really tough button, even after 5 years of use and it was difficult to get off. This opens with the flick of a finger. My biggest concerns going into it were it catching wind and it not staying closed in my pack.

I havent had it out in extreme wind but I have had no issues with the wind catching it when its open. My SOC caught the wind worse.
I havent had it come open in or on my pack yet. It does open when I get it out of the pack but that is to be expected.

So far, it is a win and has been worth the 75 bucks. If you are on the fence and want something easy to open/close, order one.

MKM was awesome to work with. They were quicker than expected and kept me updated along the way.