New to Traditional

SquirrelyDan

Lil-Rokslider
I have been hunting with a compound for several years and feel like it’s time to switch it up. I have been lurking and reading as mush as I can. So far I thin ILF would be my best bet to try out. From what I have read the Samick Discovery seems like a nice bow to start with. Initially I planned to buy a new PSE carbon this year but would rather go more traditional. Looking for something nice as a beginner but also so I can upgrade down the line. From my findings it seems best to start with some 30lb limbs and work up. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. What does everyone recommend for a real nice beginner bow ? This is a new world to me and Iam very eager to start my journey. Thanks again

Wrench

WKR
Thanks for not wanting an 87 pound bow to break into the sport....30 will be awesome. Do you know how long your draw is?

Geewhiz

WKR
Props to you for not letting your ego get the best of you. 30 some pounds is awesome to get your form developed. Other folks will give better tips than I can but what I can advise is to practice absolutely as much as you can. I practiced a lot with my compound, but I developed an intimacy with the recurve I hadn’t had before.

OP
SquirrelyDan

SquirrelyDan

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. Can’t say I did the same with a compound and would like to do better this time around. I also practice a lot with my compound an can really put some time in with it. I usually shoot everyday. Thanks again

Wrench

WKR
That's good, 29+/- will let you shoot about anything from 58" and up. You'll appreciate the forgiving nature of the longer rigs.

Zac

WKR
I would tell you to start with a thread on the Traditional forum here on Rokslide. Anyhow you could call any of the major bowyers and get a setup that fits you. If it were me I would make a trip down to Rocky Mountain Specialty gear and visit Clum. The Push Archery Center of Knowledge would be a great resource as well. You can also reach out to individuals such as Aron Snyder, and Joel Turner.