New Tripod Set up for NL Pures

Riplip

Just pulled the trigger on some 10x42 NL Pures (very impressed), and now looking to get a tripod set up. This will be my first set up and want to see if anyone has any feedback before I pull the trigger so to speak. Right now I don't plan to use a spotter, just the NL's.

Slik CF634
Outdoorsmans Panner, small binocular adapter, NL stud and pistol grip.

Any alternatives or thoughts?

Matt21418

I have never used the pistol grip but can imagine it would be great.

I am currently running an outdoorsman medium compact with a Jim white 2.0, I also do some photography so this setup is very versatile and covers all aspects I need it to. And if you ever grow to a spotter this will work as well.

Let me know if you have any questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Middleofnowhere

I would go with a Really Right Stuff Ascend 14 with the ascend head and a polymer clinch.

BBob

I for one highly dislike pistol grips. Tried them a couple of times over the years and sold them. Outdoorsmans std pan head or a Jim White are very nice pieces of equipment for binoculars of that size and as said above will work for spotters too if you ever go that route. I've owned OD pistol grips, still own an original Jim White and still own an OD std pan head. The OD std pan head is my lightweight setup on an original OD tripod. The new Jim White is ARCA compatible so that's something to note. For a first class tripod the RRS Ascend is one nice tripod. I use mine with an OD fluid head but that's with much much larger glass. Love the Ascend but just for 10X it might be overkill.

Last edited:

MtnMuley

The Slik 634 is a great choice, but if you're specifically using it for the NL's, I would save weight and space and get a lightweight ball head.

Camera Land

If you are just using the NL's, get a good ball head. Personally I feel they arer the best for glassing. Can turn on a dime in any direction

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giannaapom