New world record long distance hit on target

svivian

WKR

A link for those of you who want to read about it. video of it below in second link

Last edited:

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
I find Eli's shooting way more impressive.

I'm amazed this is even counted. If the shooter hits 3 of 5, maybe even 2 of 5, at range, then mark it down as a record, but 1 out of 60+ shots just means they shot enough rounds to get lucky.

Eddie

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I find Eli's shooting way more impressive.

I'm amazed this is even counted. If the shooter hits 3 of 5, maybe even 2 of 5, at range, then mark it down as a record, but 1 out of 60+ shots just means they shot enough rounds to get lucky.

Eddie

I semi agree but 4.4 miles - 7744 yards.
2500' above line of sight.
53 moa of drift. Thats still a bunch of drift calculated and estimated.

The target’s dimensions (120 inches by 92 inches) made it 1.54 MOA wide and 1.18 MOA tall at 4.4 miles. At 1,000 yards that would be a sporty target—basically 15.4 by 11.8 inches

^ for those that were wondering.

Article is worth a read, the spotters downrange was something I didn’t consider.

Binz17

Lil-Rokslider
I'm most impressed with them hitting the dot, not just the huge plate! That's gotta count for something.

Unckebob

WKR
I am not interested in doing ultra long range shooting, but I was intrigued by that crazy scope rail and the contraptions on the end of the scope (mirrors?)

Rock-o

WKR
I'm most impressed with them hitting the dot, not just the huge plate! That's gotta count for something.

I'm not. Not one bit. After 68 tries that was pure accident that it even hit anywhere on the entirety of the target.

Regardless, it was done once. Can it be repeated? My money says no. I'll give them 10 more shots and I bet I'd win.

Every blind squirrel.....

Reactions: CMF
Went to a range yesterday I was shooting 500 and some other guys were shooting 1750 kinda made me feel like I should’ve just brought my old 10/22 and plinked the small targets 😞 but I’m the upside I was ringing steel at 500 with a new gun and scope setup so I was happy

ToolMann

WKR
Went to a range yesterday I was shooting 500 and some other guys were shooting 1750 kinda made me feel like I should’ve just brought my old 10/22 and plinked the small targets 😞 but I’m the upside I was ringing steel at 500 with a new gun and scope setup so I was happy
Never worry about what other guys at the range are doing.

Yep I can see it now 4 mile mule deer only shot 69 times, waiting on the TV hunting shows. Keep yer heads down fellas I am going to light her up.