NF shv or Swaro z3

PAK

FNG
Looking to buy my first “nice” scope. I’m in the southeast and mainly deer hunt from stands and will rarely shoot past 300yds. I’ve narrowed it down to the NF and Swaro but having trouble deciding. I like the weight of the swaro and the robustness of the NF.
Anyone have experience with both that could shed some light on pros/cons?

Will be mounted on a bergara b-14 hunter in 6.5 CM.

Thanks

I don't think the SHV is that impressive optically anymore but the Z3 has a reputation for having god awful tracking if I recall right.

rlp10ml

FNG
SHV 3-10 would be my choice. If you're hunting from stands I would not worry a whole lot about the extra few oz. that it weighs. Give Doug @Cameraland a call, he'll fix you up right.

LightFoot

WKR
Of those I prefer the Nightforce SHV as an aiming device.
For sub 300 I'd give the Trijicon Accupoints a hard look.

I agree with this… 3-9x40 accupoint is clear, bright, simple, and reliable. Eurooptic has really good prices on them.

I’ve had good luck with Swaro, but others haven’t.

NF has a really good reputation. I have the NX8 and ATACR that are really great.

>>>——JAKE——>

I will choose a scope with the highest level of precision and repeatability on the windage/elevation. Both are "high end" so you can kinda mask the glass quality with a bigger aperture(ie ~44mm vs 50mm or 56mm)

In this instance I would choose the NF

RS3579

WKR
I have and use both for different applications. SHV = reliability. Z3 = lighter with a slight edge to glass also. I put a SHV on my western back pack rig for the reliability with if an unfortunate gun scope accident. I use the Z3 scoped rifle every other home (eastern) non treeshand hunting trip. I have multiple z3 scopes installed and am 100% confident in both the Z3 & SHV. If ever any chance to dial you’ll want the SHV, if no dial go Z3. Let us know what you decided and the reason. Good luck with your project.

Ronb

WKR
Z3 with the brh reticle has been amazing for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The SHV is not near NF “typical “ standards or quality. And I am very serious. It’s their most sent in optic for repair and service. Most returned NF back to dealers. Canted reticles, parallax issues and so on.

With that said. The Z3 is no gem. It’s about as delicate as they come.

The SHV is not near NF “typical “ standards or quality. And I am very serious. It’s their most sent in optic for repair and service. Most returned NF back to dealers. Canted reticles, parallax issues and so on.
I'm sure you'll post hard evidence to support your claims.