NF shv or Swaro z3

After reading through this thread, looking at several recommendations and a great conversation with Doug, I’m gouging pull the trigger on the NF. I believe for me it will be the perfect setup and should last me for many years to come.
Thanks for all the replies and insight

You chose...wisely.

Reactions: PAK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
After reading through this thread, looking at several recommendations and a great conversation with Doug, I’m gouging pull the trigger on the NF. I believe for me it will be the perfect setup and should last me for many years to come.
You’ll like it. I love mine, I won’t be getting rid of it.

Reactions: PAK

fwafwow

WKR
I hope it breaks just so there’s one less MOA scope in the wild.

I only switched to mil last year but now I talk a lot of crap about MOA lol
I hope it doesn’t break, but I could be thinking of swapping it out for a Mil scope. My other 3 scopes are all Mil and this was a scope I bought before I saw the light. If it passes, should it merit a premium (at least for an MOA fan? :cool:

I hope it breaks just so there’s one less MOA scope in the wild.

I only switched to mil last year but now I talk a lot of crap about MOA lol
I had MRAD scopes then moved back to MOA when I downsized (no time/chance to shoot for a few years) so I could communicate with my father on the rare occasion I shoot/hunt with him since he's MOA. Then I just ordered a Razor 6-36 in MRAD. So now I have an ungodly mix where my LHT is MOA, my SHV is MOA, and the new Razor GIII I have coming in is MRAD. Dialing with my LHT reminded me how much simpler MRAD is for my brain now that I'm back to shooting/hunting after a few years off. But I can already see the annoyance it'll cause me when I'm trying to call corrections for him when he shoots. Need him to see the light and make the switch/upgrade from his current scope.

fwafwow

WKR
I had MRAD scopes then moved back to MOA when I downsized (no time/chance to shoot for a few years) so I could communicate with my father on the rare occasion I shoot/hunt with him since he's MOA. Then I just ordered a Razor 6-36 in MRAD. So now I have an ungodly mix where my LHT is MOA, my SHV is MOA, and the new Razor GIII I have coming in is MRAD. Dialing with my LHT reminded me how much simpler MRAD is for my brain now that I'm back to shooting/hunting after a few years off. But I can already see the annoyance it'll cause me when I'm trying to call corrections for him when he shoots. Need him to see the light and make the switch/upgrade from his current scope.
I don’t want to end up with a mix of MOA and Mil, although it wouldn’t be the end of the world. Trying to figure out reliable replacement options, however, is a PITA with the SWFA inventory status. I guess it can’t hurt to finally look at the Trijicons, or see about a SHV MOA for Mil trade.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I don’t want to end up with a mix of MOA and Mil, although it wouldn’t be the end of the world. Trying to figure out reliable replacement options, however, is a PITA with the SWFA inventory status. I guess it can’t hurt to finally look at the Trijicons, or see about a SHV MOA for Mil trade.
I got lucky, as I like iron sights, I only owned one scope before reading Rokslide (a Weaver K4). That is a set and forget scope that will end up on a remfire. Every other scope I have bought is FFP mil/mil and I simply will not buy an MOA scope to keep life simple.

I also got lucky and bought an SWFA 3-9 and 6x in a moment of no self control last year. Now I'm glad I did. For no good reason, I wish I had bought two of each.

fwafwow

WKR
I also got lucky and bought an SWFA 3-9 and 6x in a moment of no self control last year. Now I'm glad I did. For no good reason, I wish I had bought two of each.
I also purchased SWFAs before they were “needed” (before I purchased rifles for them). Now my 3 SWFAs (6x, 3-9 and 3-15) make me think the same - that I should have purchased more. I’ve even started looking at the 10x, knowing full well that the 10x is just available and not necessarily the ideal choice for me.

10x SS (not HD) - side or rear focus? 🧐

I'm still downsizing but it'll result in a mix still. The LHT has taken enough of a beating I don't want to switch it out for an MRAD LHT that may not be as sturdy as that particular scope. Plus I can keep that scope so I can spot for my father when I shoot with him I suppose. My older SHV already got sold and I had another brand new 5-20 SHV on a rifle that I'm selling so that'll get sold soon too. The end result will be just the MOA LHT and MRAD Razor 6-36 left and I'll rebuild from there (except a scope on my 22lr). A full switch takes a lot of moving around which sucks.

PlumberED

WKR
Classified Approved
You will be very happy with the SHV.

fwafwow

WKR
I really love my 6x SWFA. Now I've gone down the "best fixed power" rabbit hole, and stumbled across (again) a thread mentioning your S&B Klassik variable. Thinking a lot (wasting a lot of time) on Klassik and PMII fixed. But they seem hard to come by, at least at first blush.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I really love my 6x SWFA. Now I've gone down the "best fixed power" rabbit hole, and stumbled across (again) a thread mentioning your S&B Klassik variable. Thinking a lot (wasting a lot of time) on Klassik and PMII fixed. But they seem hard to come by, at least at first blush.
Eurooptic is the only place to buy S&B in the US.

I would love a fixed 4 SWFA or S&B, but no such thing exists.

It is special order, but a 1.5-8x42 S&B with a P3L reticle would be an amazing scope. I don't think it can be had with a P3L, even special order. Edit: that scope is no longer made.