NFL on Peacock šŸ˜”

jimh406

WKR
During halftime of lions game, they announced that 22 million streamed last nights game on peacock.
I'm not sure I believe it, but they had 30 million subscribers in Dec. According to this site, the average last year was 28.4 million. Considering the two teams playing, I think it should have been more than an average viewership.

TexasTom

FNG
Download peacock and get your one month free trial. Delete after game is over. Spend zero dollars.

Attachments

• IMG_2406.png
    IMG_2406.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 18

TexasTom

FNG
Game is already over. It was yesterday.
No crap bud. Just letting others know how I watched it for free last night so they can do the same for the next game the NFL decides to air on a streaming platform.

jimh406

WKR
No crap bud. Just letting others know how I watched it for free last night so they can do the same for the next game the NFL decides to air on a streaming platform.
Based on how it was received, I doubt they are going for round 2, but we'll see. :D

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I got an email from Xfinity this summer saying I got two years ā€œfreeā€ Peacock premium. I figured there would be some
Fine print and I would not qualify for the game. Damn if I didnā€™t see the whole thing and I enjoyed it 100x the garbage Amazon Thursday experiences.

MattB

WKR
Looks like it's avail. in 99% of the continental US, in all of PA including the "mountains" of PA.
The cost is $120/ month which is slightly more than I pay for traditional internet in the mountains of Montana. As far as poverty, I understand that. But I pay way more than my fair share in taxes, which the government says they have been using to combat poverty for over 60 years.
A buddy of mine who lives in rural NorCal is using it to replace direct TV, his landline phone, and his internet service. It is saving him a bunch of money monthly versus the 3 stand-alone monthly fees. Pretty amazing really.

gbflyer

WKR
A buddy of mine who lives in rural NorCal is using it to replace direct TV, his landline phone, and his internet service. It is saving him a bunch of money monthly versus the 3 stand-alone monthly fees. Pretty amazing really.

Same here. Very rural Alaska. We might actually see some growth in our little town now because of it. Wireless phone service is next. Hope no one disappears Elon!

MattB

WKR
Same here. Very rural Alaska. We might actually see some growth in our little town now because of it. Wireless phone service is next. Hope no one disappears Elon!
We are able to make cellular calls through Starlink.

gbflyer

WKR
We are able to make cellular calls through Starlink.

We can do WiFi calling with it. Pretty soon it will work on any 5G phone. Outside. At least thatā€™s the way I read it. Hell, maybe it already works.

MattB

WKR
We can do WiFi calling with it. Pretty soon it will work on any 5G phone. Outside. At least thatā€™s the way I read it. Hell, maybe it already works.
WiFi calling is what I was referring to. Pretty cheap alternative to all the things it can replace.

This is BS driven by greed. However, itā€™s supported by the majority of people out there as they are clearly paying to watch all this stuff.

If the majority didnā€™t just accept it, bend over, and pay more money to yet another provider they wouldnā€™t make any money and the incentive to do it goes away.

Itā€™s no different than how people are now willing to pay $35,000 for a 2015 F150 with 180,000 miles on it.

Stop paying for all this crap and it stops happening. Me, i just donā€™t watch anything i might otherwise watch, an NFL game for example, if i need to sign up and pay someone like Amazon, Peacock, etc.

jimh406

WKR
Free NFL. Iā€™ve seen some interesting rants from the entitled but not quite to this level.
Everyone in the country with access to a TV, no matter antenna, cable, dish, etc have always been able to watch NFL playoff games. So, unless you are calling everyone in the country "entitled", your definition is extremely flawed.

Everyone in the country with access to a TV, no matter antenna, cable, dish, etc have always been able to watch NFL playoff games. So, unless you are calling everyone in the country "entitled", your definition is extremely flawed.
I grew up with only an antenna for TV of any kind, so those who paid for cable or dish were entitled, especially when Monday Night Football went to ESPN. And my antenna probably made me entitled to those without.