NHL Playoffs posts

Lowg08

WKR
I’m a rangers fan so needless to say I’m pleased but Winnipeg’s goalie just made an amazing save

Lowg08

WKR
I’ve been enjoying the series so far. We made a decent run last year. With some new additions like kane we have a good chance

ROKnROAL

FNG
Drai gonna continue bending over the Kings organization tonight. He took receipts for the slewfoot from Anderson in last years series.

If McDavid takes off too finally, look out

gabenzeke

WKR
MAF made a bad decision trying to go for the poke check as soon as he started to throw it out the stars player recognized an slid it right under him. If MAF went into a normal butterfly he would of easily stopped it but he wanted the cool highlight real save. One of the goals he didn't even move, idk if he read it wrong and though it was going top shelf or if it was deflected. Granted the wild didn't really help him out that much but it was one of those games he needed to elevate his game a little to make up for the teams sloppiness and it just didn't happen. as a whole it wasn't a good game for the team.

ya idk why they wouldn't go back to the goalie who won them the first game but he might be slightly injured or something and wanted to give him more time to rest. MAF might be pulling a Fluery moment and playing well during the regular season then taking a dive during the playoffs.
Fleury is an aggressive goalie. That's just his style. It's not a miscalculation or attempt at a highlight reel save, it's the way he plays. Sometimes he has it going for him, sometimes he doesn't. I still think the wild made a huge mistake putting him in after that first win.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Lowg08

WKR
I still think the save of the night was the Winnipeg jets goalie. That was so close

The geographic location of the Wild requires them to do something stupid and lose (that Goopher National Championship game was a true treat!). Fleury is fun to watch but shouldn't be in the net IMO. I really wish they had these games on regular TV so a person could watch. Looks like we get one game on ABC Saturday and that's it until the Stanley Cup. Hard to grow a sport that way.

gabenzeke

WKR
I just saw an interesting post. Apparently when Sheldon Keefe played in the OHL, he accused a guy of sexual assault and even testified against him. Charges were eventually dropped. But that guy's brother-in-law is Wes McCauley. Seems like the NHL probably shouldn't let McCauley officiate leafs games. The leafs are 0-8 in the post season with McCauley on the ice. I hadn't heard this before, but it sounds like this is a known thing.

Lowg08

WKR
Well I’ve just now been able to start up and watch wild/stars. This is some gritty hockey being played

roosterdown

Lil-Rokslider
Fleury is an aggressive goalie. That's just his style. It's not a miscalculation or attempt at a highlight reel save, it's the way he plays. Sometimes he has it going for him, sometimes he doesn't. I still think the wild made a huge mistake putting him in after that first win.

Totally agree with your characterization of The Flower.

Perhaps the Wild should have started Gus again in Gm2, but they would still have lost even with a different netminder; that game was lost well out in front of the goalie.

Good reply last night; Go Wild!

Flower woulda won game 3 and Gus woulda lost game 2 for the wild. The flower start decision seems odd but in hindsight we now have Gus with all the confidence in the world after not getting hung out to dry in game 2 and 1 more game of rest. Unintended consequences.

gabenzeke

WKR
The only series that are surprising to me are the kings and wild being up a game. I'm a Vegas fan, but I know they're not going all the way, so part of me would like to see McJesus get the cup. And I live in Iowa so I'm kind of obligated to root for the wild.

Fuming over the freakin zebras on the wild game.

With something like 6 mins left they call Foligno for 2:00 when it should have been 4:00 on marchment. Stars score on PP. [edit, watched it more and 4:00 the other way is a bit much. If either got a penalty i think it shoulda been marchment though]

Zebras give an obvious makeup call when the game is almost over.

Also called foligno on a perfectly clean shoulder to shoulder hit with the puck there earlier in the game. Freaking joke.

Wild kind of made their own bed by not converting a ton of scoring chances but sucks when the zebras take more chances away.

Last edited:

KurtR

WKR

With something like 6 mins left they call Foligno for 2:00 when it should have been 4:00 on marchment. Stars score on PP.

Also called foligno on a perfectly clean shoulder to shoulder hit with the puck there earlier in the game. Freaking joke.

Wild kind of made their own bed by not converting a ton of scoring chances but sucks when the zebras take more chances away.
I don’t know hockey that good but even I knew the refs were horrible in that game. Should have converted at least one of those odd man rushes.

gabenzeke

WKR

With something like 6 mins left they call Foligno for 2:00 when it should have been 4:00 on marchment. Stars score on PP. [edit, watched it more and 4:00 the other way is a bit much. If either got a penalty i think it shoulda been marchment though]

The officiating this post season has been worse than it has been in a while.

blicero

Lil-Rokslider
Love makar, but he deserved it.

Agreed, it was a very un-Makar like play but as an Avs fan I can't disagree with the call.

Hope Nichushkin comes back soon, but am concerned he's in rehab or something.