NHL Playoffs posts

gabenzeke

WKR
What do you see? A lot of 2-1, 3-2 games or more scoring? Trying to figure out how I’m gonna attack the over/under from a betting standpoint.
Avs won't score many. I'm pulling for them but it's downright stupid to think Vasi won't at least come close to getting it done.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

There hasn't been a three-peat champion in the NHL since the early 80's Islanders teams. There have been several back to back champs but I think history favors the AVS here. I also think this Avalanche team is much deeper and more talented than the Stars and Canadiens Teams that Tampa has faced the last two years.

mntnguide

WKR
I think Avs will take it in 6. . Lightning have not faced a team with the speed and depth through all 4 lines like the Avs have. Should be a fun series. Vasilesky is playing great, but the avs are just a different animal in how they can pressure the net and shoot from the blue line to the circles. Makar is sure fun to watch, he is one hell of a player for his age.

kfili

Lil-Rokslider
I think avs take it, I also think it might be a little more high scoring than people expect. I know vasi is a star, but they haven't played a offense as hot as Colorado

meddlecho

FNG
I think it will be a fun series to watch. Think I give the edge to the Avs.

Still sad about my Wild. Blues have always had our number.

Pn8hall

WKR
Tampa in 7 is my prediction. Avs are an awesome team without question but I think TB is gonna contain their speed and get the 3-peat especially if Brayden Point comes back in lineup

frank church guy

Lil-Rokslider
When comparing Tampa to the islanders, there are a lot of similarities. The islanders won their fourth cup against their toughest opponent, That young Oilers team. Held Gretzsky to three or four points. Wayne took a windmall to the midsection on a wrap around from Billy Smith. He said that series (even after winning the Campbell conference) that he learned what it would take. He walked by the islanders locker room and thought it be a huge party. But he said a lot of them were in ice baths, trainer tables etc. The islanders were smart veteran team with a lot of talent ( but not as much the oilers). Kind of sounds like Tampa. Just as Colorado looks a lot like that oilers team. Also I got witness how beat up these guys are. In 1986 I was fortunate to be in the Saddledome in a suite right next to the Canadians Management. Saw Roy parade the cup around after they won in overtime. So the next morning (we knew Bob Johnson, thats how we got the tickets) we were fortunate enough to tour the flames lockerroom, and John Tonelli (as kid i was big islander fan) and Nick Fituu (butchered the spelling) wandered in. Tonelli looked like hecould hardly walk and if had to play that night he would gone.

I know its a different, more skill and less violence but since everyone on tv is talking about the last team to win three in a row, i thought I give my two cents.. I am pulling for the avs

Which team has the better in person mascot?
Howler was the coolest mascot of all time. A yeti that wasn't afraid to fistfight with fans in the bleachers. AVS need to bring him back asap.

Despite not having Howler anymore, I think AVS still have advantage with Bernie the Mountain dog over that lame firefly bug thing that Tampa has.

CCH

WKR
It’s hockey, so my interest level is low. However, I say it’s the Avs winning at some point, but I’m a homer. Hoping it’s just a prelude to the SB. PM if you’re betting against the Avs.😜

sndmn11

WKR
Howler was the coolest mascot of all time. A yeti that wasn't afraid to fistfight with fans in the bleachers. AVS need to bring him back asap.

Despite not having Howler anymore, I think AVS still have advantage with Bernie the Mountain dog over that lame firefly bug thing that Tampa has.

I thoughts it was an abominable snowman/yeti thing but hadn't seem him in a while.

Dogs catch bugs so the avs will probably win.

Sherman

WKR
I’m getting butterflies.

Digging into the numbers, there hasn’t been a sweep in the finals since Detroit in 1998 and there hasn’t been a game 7 in the finals since 2012.

Vas is allowing 1.99 goals against at an insane 93% clip, but has put up some stinkers against far more inferior teams than the Avs.

The Avs are 12-2 this year in the playoffs.

OP
Cant hit em
I’m getting butterflies.

Digging into the numbers, there hasn’t been a sweep in the finals since Detroit in 1998 and there hasn’t been a game 7 in the finals since 2012.

Vas is allowing 1.99 goals against at an insane 93% clip, but has put up some stinkers against far more inferior teams than the Avs.

The Avs are 12-2 this year in the playoffs.

Avs haven’t played anybody with solid scoring and great goaltending. Blues were in that series tied a game a piece until Binnington went out in game 3 because of Kadri’s bullshit. This will be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro