Nightforce NX8 announcement

willidru

WKR
Noticed they have less options on the reticle. No MOAR available, just the cf2. Anyone used a similar reticle? How’d it work in hunting application?

28bang

WKR
Less FOV, heavier, longer, and only $50 cheaper. I don't see the allure at all when the FFP is illuminated.

probably had to make it longer to fix the optical quality people were complaining about in the ffp version? Don’t know if .1” will make a difference. We’ll see I guess

Hopefully they will follow Vortex' lead and start making scopes with lower profile windage turrets. I'd like to buy a NF

OP
H

HuntnPack

WKR
The 4-32 C641 with the Moar CF2D
is a neat setup,
Floating center & split subtension grads.
for 16/32 power.
The 2.5-20 with CF2 is also nice.
I’ll try a 2.5-20 first & see how I like it.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I know guys were begging for it but I can’t see much use in a 20x or 32x sfp scope.

Just wish they would get some 42 mm nxs back in stock

im with you. My buddy has the 2.5-20 so I’ve been able to play around with it, I just don’t see ever needing that extreme of a magnification range for Normal hunting uses. I’ve been very happy with my nxs 2.5-10.

Lawnboi

WKR
im with you. My buddy has the 2.5-20 so I’ve been able to play around with it, I just don’t see ever needing that extreme of a magnification range for Normal hunting uses. I’ve been very happy with my nxs 2.5-10.

Even 16x is a lot. I had one sfp scope that went to 18x, never again, atleast for how I hunt