NL Pure Forehead rest - What's the trick?

Dinger

WKR
G'day

I received a forehead rest today for my NL 12's and set about fitting it. The instructions are basic as the job is straight forward.

Pop out the grub screws and press fit the rest. I noticed the size discrepancy between the shoulder on the screws and the shafts on the rest. The rest shafts are twice as long as the shoulder on the crews.

The rest is supposed to be snap fit but can't see how the damn thing could actually fit. All the pictures I see of NL's the forehead rest sits flush against the bridge.

If you have fitted one did yours look like mine? I'll ring Swarovski in the morning if I cant work it out tonight.

20210222_184811-X3.jpg

20210222_190012-X3.jpg

Dcrafton

WKR
Mine looks just like that, looks like it still needs to be pushed in. But it won’t and I don’t want to force it.
Seems to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Siggy111

FNG
You are good. I open my binocs as wide as possible when I install the headrest. I leave mine on most of the time unless I’m in a treestand. Those 12’s are great!

Anyone try the headrest and did away with it? I’m considering one if I get the 8x42s but I already anchor the eye pieces with the eye cups all the way in on my brow which makes for a steady anchor.

6.5x284

WKR
Anyone try the headrest and did away with it? I’m considering one if I get the 8x42s but I already anchor the eye pieces with the eye cups all the way in on my brow which makes for a steady anchor.

I have one. Have never used it since the day I first tried it. I just use my tripod since I have it with me anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk