NM unit 58 and 56 youth antelope hunts

J78

FNG
My 13 yr old daughter drew non res youth hunt 56 and 10 yr old son drew non res youth hunt 58. Both hunts are same dates August 15-17. I have never hunted antelope. They both have killed many Whitetails. Daughter has also hunted elk in New Mexico. This will be public land hunt both units only have about 20% public land. I have driven through the area dozens of times from Clayton to Raton on my way to Colorado and have always seen tons of antelope and some pretty good ones. So my questions are, is this pretty much just a drive around stop in likely areas use binos and spotter find goats then put the stalk on and make the shot? I know some like sitting water, but I don’t think that is for us. Also as far as quality of bucks in these areas do you shoot the first legal buck you see or hold out for something bigger? Little concerned with time with two kids two units 3 days. Also anyone have any insight they are willing to share on where to start looking in these units will probably either get hotel in Clayton or camp at Clayton lake state park. In unit 58 are most antelope going to be in southern part of unit or can we find them north in Canyon country. Is mid August dates to early for decoy or could that be useful? Thanks in advance for any help or advice any may have.