No Excuses .54 bullets

bbrown

WKR
Anyone have any feedback on these? Trying to help out my old timer neighbor who is hoping to draw an elk tag this year. He was looking for Maxi-balls but appears they are no longer made unless I’m missing them somewhere. Heard nothing but good things about the No Excuses bullets in .50 cal but since they only offer one weight and it’s on the hefty side figured it was worth seeing if anyone had any experience with them.

I use them in my TC Scout .54 on my last elk hunt.

90 grains of pyrodex select over a lubed wonder wad.

They shot a good group using iron sights. The attached image was to check zero. Fired two and said good enough for 125 yards. My 430 grain TC maxiball loads also shoot to the same point of impact, about 3 inches right at 100 yards.

Never shot one in anger so far but I don’t doubt it would rock a hairy beast with tgat much weight. You can feel 535 grains as it launches!9E22691A-16B5-4930-881D-8D2D46F234C0.jpeg

Justinjs

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any feedback on these? Trying to help out my old timer neighbor who is hoping to draw an elk tag this year. He was looking for Maxi-balls but appears they are no longer made unless I’m missing them somewhere. Heard nothing but good things about the No Excuses bullets in .50 cal but since they only offer one weight and it’s on the hefty side figured it was worth seeing if anyone had any experience with them.
Stupid question, would this be used with a lubed patch? I've got a TC Hawken .54. You aren't wrong, anything .54 seems hard to come by and I've not run across the maxi-ball in forever.

No patch. You pour powder, put in a flat .54 caliber felt wad and seat the bullet OVER it. Ram it. The wad does not go around the bullet. The bullet is made to engage the rifling directly and is a sufficiently tight fit.

OP
bbrown

bbrown

WKR
Thanks guys! I went ahead and ordered a box to try out and will report back on how they do. Ordered the sizer pack for my .50cal CVA Optima as well - No Excuses shipped both quickly and were reasonable priced

Thanks guys! I went ahead and ordered a box to try out and will report back on how they do. Ordered the sizer pack for my .50cal CVA Optima as well - No Excuses shipped both quickly and were reasonable priced
Yes, please tell us how they shoot. I may hunt some hogs with mine soon jyst to see the impact.

dietridg

FNG
I just ordered and got mine in the mail. Will be shooting them out of a White g series bison. looking forward to seeing how they shoot.

OP
bbrown

bbrown

WKR
Ha! Still waiting for him to come by and give them a try. I did order the sampler pack of .50s for my Optima and going to be getting it dialed in for an antelope hunt this fall. Hoping to find some Blackhorn 209 before I get started 🤞🏼