Nock tuning don't forget to do it!

This is new to me, so help me understand- are you saying that you can change whether the arrow is flying true by simply rotating the nock?
YES ! 3 Vanes and 3 different, "Tears" on Paper ! But, ONE position of "Cock Vane",.. will be best and with, NO tear. Arrows must be reasonably straight for, best results, tho ! This usually eliminates the "Flyer" arrows and puts them, back IN the group IF, done correctly ! Don't do THIS unless, your "Form" and Release are "good" and NEVER when TIRED ! Nock Tuning, works nicely for, me and has proven to help obtain, even better groups, especially when using Broad Head's. Before, "Nock Tuning" I never had the confidence with, B-H's that I have, now ! N-Tune with, F-P's, NOT, B-H's ! There are many, MANY ways to "fiddle with", Arrow accuracy ! I use the same method that, the Ranch Fairy on YouTube, uses as,.. IT'S simple and it, "works" !

Last edited:

chuckq777

FNG
Does anyone glue the nocks in after ? Like a small amount of glue

Also I put a small piece of 12 wire glued in nick to compensate for weight of lighted nocks. Any issues there ? I try to make sure the wire is straight.

Brendan

WKR

No, never. You want to be able to replace a nock if needed.

For lighted nocks, the difference in weight is so minimal I don't even re-sight. If you're like me and sight in at a low elevation with a standard nock, and hunt high, the extra weight of a lighted nock and drag of a broadhead should actually help keep you closer to your original sight marks

Also I put a small piece of 12 wire glued in nick to compensate for weight of lighted nocks. Any issues there ? I try to make sure the wire is straight.

The bigger issue with the nocks is to ensure the throats are the same. An arrows POI will vary much more from a tighter or looser nock, than one a few grains heavier or lighter. Never glue in nocks. If they are loose, simply "bag them", which is using a plastic bag around the nock shaft that goes into arrow end, then push nock into arrow and it creates a liner that helps fill the gaps, or use Teflon tape as you insert them into the shaft and they will fit perfectly.

chuckq777

FNG
Thanks guys. Great info. I do sight in with my BH hunting arrows so I guess no reason I should be trying to match that weight on practice arrows.