Nomad bikini vs Exo

Jlbmlb4

FNG
I am trying to make a final decision between the Exo and Nomad bikini. I am leaning toward the Exo due to $500 vs $800. I like the concept of both and think either will serve me well. I am 6'4 with a 23.5" torso. I have an Eberlestock Just One that I have suffered with for several years. It cuts into my shoulders, shifts, and carries low with any respectable weight. It was not built for a tall person. The bikini frame comes with a 26in option and the Exo only has a 25. Is there anyone out there that had worn both or has an opinion that the inch difference would be a huge deal with comfort under load and load lift capability?

Last edited:
I have a Kifaru bikini and have owned most other Kifaru packs over the years. They have been the only pack suspension system to meet my approval so far. I do have an Exo Mountain on order and have very high hopes for it. I swore to myself I would never stray from Kifaru due to so many disappointments over the years. However the Exo has caught my eye for a reason and made me buy it. I really think it is going to be a winner. The quality looks as good as any and a price that is hard to beat!!

Shrek

WKR
I can't speak one way or another about an exo but I absolutely love my Kifaru. Kifaru delivers not just the best suspension that is the gold standard but they do it lightweight and bomber milspec tough. Kifaru is proven around the world in extreme conditions under obscene loads. The kifaru also holds value better than any other pack so if you decide a year from now that it's just not for you it can be sold for much closer to what you paid than others.

Teeton

Lil-Rokslider
6-4 with 17 inch back. Not saying that's wrong but in 5-9 with a 18 back.. I know all people are different, maybe that's how it is.. Maybe I'm measuring myself wrong..

Kotaman

WKR
Though the EXO does look good, I am done trying other manufacturer's packs as none has stacked up to my Kifaru's I've owned. The past 5 years, I've always tried something new and ALWAYS go back to my Kifaru come fall. I currently own a Nomad and a T1. The Nomad is the most versatile system you will ever find. Carry 8000 CI's in or out and cinch it down to nothing in daypack mode.

gelton

WKR
6-4 with 17 inch back. Not saying that's wrong but in 5-9 with a 18 back.. I know all people are different, maybe that's how it is.. Maybe I'm measuring myself wrong..

I am 6ft with a 20 inch back. Some of us are built more like Neanderthals and have to stand on our toes to keep our nuckles from dragging! Short legs and long torsos.

Shrek

WKR
I am 6ft with a 20 inch back. Some of us are built more like Neanderthals and have to stand on our toes to keep our nuckles from dragging! Short legs and long torsos.

I hear you ! I'm 6'4" with a 23 3/4" torso. I'm not sure but I would bet that the OP hasn't gotten a good measurement.

Jlbmlb4 , call Aron at kifaru and order a Bikini and he'll walk you through a measurement and your pack will be nailed. You will not have to gamble on fit , performance , or quality.

Oh , and your pack will ship within a day or two of when they promise it will.

OP
J

Jlbmlb4

FNG
Oops. I measured sternum to belly button....lol. My correct torso measurement is 23.5"....lol

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I hear you ! I'm 6'4" with a 23 3/4" torso. I'm not sure but I would bet that the OP hasn't gotten a good measurement.

Jlbmlb4 , call Aron at kifaru and order a Bikini and he'll walk you through a measurement and your pack will be nailed. You will not have to gamble on fit , performance , or quality.

Oh , and your pack will ship within a day or two of when they promise it will.

Aron is out of town till Sept. so if you have any frame fitting questions give me a call.

Joe
Office - 303 278 9155
Cell 480-326-9009

OP
J

Jlbmlb4

FNG
Well...for a lid( that most packs come with), a couple belt pockets, a dry bag, a med pod, Grabit 2 shipping, and tax it would be $800

7mag.

WKR
I haven't owned nearly as many high end packs as a lot of guys on here, but I have been really impressed with my Bikini Nomad.

jmez

WKR
Based on the pictures in the Exo review thread I'm guessing that pack is going to fit and feel a whole lot like your Eberlestock. Not sure how tall the guy is in the pictures but the load lifters look to be coming straight off the bag to shoulder strap, no angle. The fit and pack look like an Eberlestock with a load shelf and side zipper to me. Between the two I'd go with a Kifaru.

NVCHUKAR

WKR
Both are quality packs and you cant go wrong with either. The lower lumbar and belt are the biggest differnce in suspension. Order both and keep the one you like. Either company will refund your money if you keep them clean. With that long of torso you might benefit from that extra inch on a bikini.

sneek-ee

WKR
That's a long torso.
To get lift with a load you'll need over 26" frame.

Look into seek outside. Paradox packs.
Lighter weight than the other two packs plus taller frame for the tall guys! Great price and most comfortable belt and pack out there.

Stid2677

WKR
That's a long torso.
To get lift with a load you'll need over 26" frame.

Look into seek outside. Paradox packs.
Lighter weight than the other two packs plus taller frame for the tall guys! Great price and most comfortable belt and pack out there.

I have an Exo and Kifaru 26 inch stay Bikini and have tried on a Paradox,,, the Paradox is NOT in the same class of packs.