Non Big 3 Bino's.... What is everyone using?

I’ve been very happy with my Mavens and would definitely buy another pair if I was in the market

All scopes were mounted without loctite on the screws, torqued with a Wheeler Fat Wrench.

1. Crossfire ii: Mounted on 50 Caliber Muzzleloader, lasted 4 shots and the erector system broke and was rattling around inside. 4 shots, total.
2. Crossfire ii: Mounted on another Muzzleloader, fogged in the middle of a hunt. Had been shot 6 times total.
3. Diamondback (regular): Reticle rotated about 30 degrees while sighting in a Remington 700 270. Lasted less than one box of ammo. Re mounted 40 year old Leupold M8 6 Power with friction turrets and dialed it right back in.
4. Diamondback HP (discontinued since this happened): Lasted 3 shots on a 6.5 creedmoor, and the bdc reticle spun about 150 degrees inside and the parallax correction knob stripped and came loose.
5. Viper HST: Belongs to brother in law, there were 2 of them. One was killed first shot on a 300 win mag, one died after about 2 boxes on his 6.5 creedmoor.
6. Diamondback Binos: Focus knob stripped, but only from one barrel on my wife's first hunting trip (they're her binos)
7. Diamondback Spotter: Fogged on the first hunt I took it on, on opening morning, on a limited entry elk hunt in Utah.

Yup, I have been extremely disappointed. I won't spend a penny on their stuff anymore. Their warranty doesn't reimburse me if I miss an elk, and I don't care about a guarantee if their optics fail on a hunt and inhibit my ability to have success.
I’ve never had any issue with any of my Vortex optics.

I stay away from all of the China / Phillipines made stuff and stick with their Japanese made Razor lines.

I believe the cabelas euro HD’s are the most recent meostar b1’s. Not the b1 plus. The b1 plus are new new and I have to find a place that even has those in stock. Not sure on the total differences, but the rubber armor is changed on the b1 plus, maybe better glass too?

Not a fan of the appearance of the cabelas branded armor, but otherwise they’re a great deal! I’ve read that cabelas won’t honor the warranty for s%#^, but you can contact meopta and they’ll still honor it. That being said, the cabelas euro HD’s are on clearance now at cabelas so even a better deal. I’m guessing they’re being replaced with the newest clearest alpha level red head binoculars from bass pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would not buy the Cabela’s store brand for any discount. Good luck with warranty work.

different strokes...... I actually prefer the cabelas version over the Meostars. The newer 10x42's are the equiv of the B1's, but with a different housing, cladding and focus/diopter. The cabelas are square in front and allow the use of BC flip-ups. The meostar has a slanted little ridge that don't... The cabelas has a knurled focus, whereas the meo's are coated rubber.

IMG_6681.JPG

IMG_6680.JPG

IMG_6679.JPG

IMG_6674_(2).JPG

IMG_6671_(2).JPG

different strokes...... I actually prefer the cabelas version over the Meostars. The newer 10x42's are the equiv of the B1's, but with a different housing, cladding and focus/diopter. The cabelas are square in front and allow the use of BC flip-ups. The meostar has a slanted little ridge that don't... The cabelas has a knurled focus, whereas the meo's are coated rubber.

IMG_6681.JPG

IMG_6680.JPG

IMG_6679.JPG

IMG_6674_(2).JPG

IMG_6671_(2).JPG
I don’t disagree with the features being nice on the Cabela branded pair.

My concern strictly relates to dealing with Cabela’s CS for warranty issues or repairs.