NON-Chinese 8x42’s

cmahoney

WKR
Are there any non-Chinese binos around $500 for that I can pick up for my kid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Kowa 6x30 & 8x30 porros for my kids. I dont know if they were made by communists, but I would put them up against any $500 (and some more expensive) roofs any day of the week.

OP
cmahoney

cmahoney

WKR
I emailed Kowa already about thier cheap binos.
ea5fb33cea7415bee99f72622037526b.jpg

Maybe Maven? I know they’re made overseas, but might be Japan/Taiwan not China. Worth a look. I’d buy them before many other brands. I have a pair of their B series 8x42 that I really like for a lightweight bino. Those are above your price point but the C model looks to fit the bill. They also have a demo program. While much smaller than other brands I believe they compare favorably when discussing budget optics and at least in my limited experience have been trouble free. That was not my experience with other better known budget brands

OP
cmahoney

cmahoney

WKR
Maybe Maven? I know they’re made overseas, but might be Japan/Taiwan not China. Worth a look. I’d buy them before many other brands. I have a pair of their B series 8x42 that I really like for a lightweight bino. Those are above your price point but the C model looks to fit the bill. They also have a demo program. While much smaller than other brands I believe they compare favorably when discussing budget optics and at least in my limited experience have been trouble free. That was not my experience with other better known budget brands

I looked into them too, the C is for China. I am really trying to buy as much stuff as I can that isn’t from China. I’ll end up spending more but I know my son is going to thrash them.

nobody

WKR
I looked into them too, the C is for China. I am really trying to buy as much stuff as I can that isn’t from China. I’ll end up spending more but I know my son is going to thrash them.

C doesn't stand for China, it stands for Compact.

The C series is made in the Phillipines

1682099389532.png

OP
cmahoney

cmahoney

WKR
C doesn't stand for China, it stands for Compact.

The C series is made in the Phillipines

View attachment 545231

Compact, China and Commie.