NonRes Wyo RP Cow/Calf

cnelk

WKR
Now that the elk application period is closed for Wyo, did any NonRes apply for a RP [Reduced Price Type 6] Cow/calf tag? Either stand alone or in addition to the Reg or Special Draw?

In 2023, there were 4101 RP elk tags available, all random, no PPs needed.

[Remember, no Area Numbers are allowed, just curious who was interested in a RP Type 6 cow/calf tag]

Scrappy

WKR
I put in for the same RP tag in the same unit I put in for last year. Unless I done something wrong. Not sure what tag your talking about.

I put for a type 6 tag.

Backyard

WKR
Now that the elk application period is closed for Wyo, did any NonRes apply for a RP [Reduced Price Type 6] Cow/calf tag? Either stand alone or in addition to the Reg or Special Draw?

[Remember, no Area Numbers are allowed, just curious who was interested in a RP Type 6 cow/calf tag]

I had plans to. But the option for a RP for a 2nd didn’t come up after I chose Reg for my 1st. Only regular options. Unless I missed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
I had plans to. But the option for a RP for a 2nd didn’t come up after I chose Reg for my 1st. Only regular options. Unless I missed it.

The RP Cow/calf Type 6 Drawing is completely separate from the Reg/Special Draw.
It wont give you an Option to add it.

RunNGunSC

FNG
I’m in for a regular draw random full price tag and a reduced price cow tag. Different units

Wyo_hntr

WKR
I told a couple of NR friends it's what they should do, if they want to hunt elk.

Backyard

WKR
The RP Cow/calf Type 6 Drawing is completely separate from the Reg/Special Draw.
It wont give you an Option to add it.

I think I just said the same thing.
Oh well odds are better now for those that did find out how to.

kpk

WKR
I put in for a type 6. Have for the last several years.

I put in for a NR Type 6 cow tag. I’m pumped as this is my first elk tag I’ve ever applied for. Prayerfully I’ll be booking a flight in May!

KHNC

WKR
I just bought one in an area that had a shit ton of leftovers. Killed the first afternoon of my hunt. Damn long ass pack out tho.

Tod osier

WKR

I applied for a special in a limited entry unit that I know well and could only draw in the random, so very low odds.

I applied for a type 6 in a different unit near by that has a much higher odds of drawing. I'm not sure how I'll feel if I draw that. It is a lot of money for a cow, but I will be there since I'll be at the house we have in the area. I would not apply if I was not going to be there. Typically, I'd apply for a type 6 as an add on.

They are going to get harder to get as things progress.

wytx

WKR
We'll put in for a couple of areas other than where we have access then buy OTC for our access area as it has leftovers every year.

Best deal in elk hunting for NRs I think.
Good luck in the draw folks.

RunNGunSC

FNG
The type 6 tag has the highest draw odds across my multi state application strategy for 2024, so it’s basically my backup. Although the tag is far from guaranteed.

I was going to go with just the RP elk this year, but last night had a weak moment and put in for a General permit as well. With 4 points I am hoping to draw to burn the points so I can get out of the Wyoming elk point system. RP tags will be good enough for me in the future if I do draw a General permit this year.

Jaquomo

WKR
Yep. Funny thing is that I drew an RP two years ago and only had opportunities at bulls (hunting archery). Last year I hunted general archery and also only had opportunities at bulls. Cows don't like me anymore.