Northface puffy - camo

Idaboy

WKR
Anyone looking for a puffy that won't break the bank. I just purchased North Face thermoball hooded puffy..... Very compact (16oz I think)... Seems pretty warm. Good price on backcountry.com. No drawstring on hood but does have waist drawstring. I am 6'2"/170lb and 30.5 inch drawlength. Large fit good with a little space under (could easily fit a few merino layers..... Camo pattern is pretty good.. For something like this I just need to be able to stuff in pack for the day so I don't care if it doesn't match my other camo .... I wouldn't t use as "go to all day jacket" due to the inherent noise with any puffy... Will use as my early morning or when up top glassing in the wind. Definitely a nice option

The Beard

WKR
Anyone looking for a puffy that won't break the bank. I just purchased North Face thermoball hooded puffy..... Very compact (16oz I think)... Seems pretty warm. Good price on backcountry.com. No drawstring on hood but does have waist drawstring. I am 6'2"/170lb and 30.5 inch drawlength. Large fit good with a little space under (could easily fit a few merino layers..... Camo pattern is pretty good.. For something like this I just need to be able to stuff in pack for the day so I don't care if it doesn't match my other camo .... I wouldn't t use as "go to all day jacket" due to the inherent noise with any puffy... Will use as my early morning or when up top glassing in the wind. Definitely a nice option

Could you elaborate on sizing? Was looking at this same puffy for a synthetic option if conditions dictate.

I'm 5-9 and 170 and cant decide between the large or medium.
I'm sure medium would be ideal with only merino under and as insulation under my shell
But I'm primarily looking for something to throw on over either my kuiu guide vest or guide jacket while sitting - instead of swapping layers.

Any insight would be appreciated!

OP
Idaboy

Idaboy

WKR
Could you elaborate on sizing? Was looking at this same puffy for a synthetic option if conditions dictate.

I'm 5-9 and 170 and cant decide between the large or medium.
I'm sure medium would be ideal with only merino under and as insulation under my shell
But I'm primarily looking for something to throw on over either my kuiu guide vest or guide jacket while sitting - instead of swapping layers.

Any insight would be appreciated!
What's your jacket size? I'm a pretty thin dude....44-46"for sport coat sizing....I have long arms (33/34) on shirts....I also hate tight coats or things riding up my arms....I would consider a large if I were you....I am by no means "swimming" in this coat...