Where’s the quality snow camo?

Howdy Sliders,

Has anyone noticed the lack of quality snow camo on the market, or more specifically, has anyone found anything worth buying? Overwhites are abundant, but not made for an active hunter. A drawstring waist on a ten mile day is weak sauce, as is the oversized fit inherent with”overwhites “. King’s Guides choice pants are ok, but the jacket length is cut for a matador, and I get snow penetration when working thick timber. Everything else I can find is over insulated for sitting, not for beating the hills. Why the hell did Kryptek discontinue their Vellus line in Wraith? Kicking myself for not grabbing some. Winter is coming here in NW Wyo, and my 20+yo snow pattern fleece is getting threadbare to say the least. Any leads would be appreciated, and anyone selling size L vellus pant, and XL jacket will be rewarded! Cheers.

OP
N
Check out FORLOH's Snow Camo. 100% sourced and Made in America.
I’m definitely interested, thanks. Now I just have to wait for my size. Awful proud of their products $$$$, but I don’t mind if it’s quality.

Wheels

WKR

Seeknelk

WKR
Yes! This drives me nuts! I just want some white wool. Or snow camo. And it's just not made. I actually asked ASAT is they are going to make more of the snow leafy suit last December, it sounded like they still do a run sometimes. Tracking cracked out whitetails during late season muzzleloader pick out anything and I want something that's not a cover up suit that sucks or is noisy in brush.
I did grab an all white sitka hoodie last winter after seasons Soni haven't tried it at all. One thing I've heard is many whites are made heavy on the UV type dyes so I may be glowing in the sitka and just put my old wool on again for that hunt. Need a black light to check it. I'd certainly check any new performance type gear for UV. I usually don't think about it but a solid like that might really pop if it was showing UV. Maybe that's all a bunch of crap tho. I ain't no rocket surgeon here.

USMC307

Lil-Rokslider
Remember the old weatherby snow camo wool…… or the Columbia… sure wish that was still around. I ended up getting a kings camo coat this year, we will see. I still have some og Sitka bids in mountain mimicry (oh yeah bring that pattern back) that works well in the snow. The above comments about kryptek are spot on. Wrath in the vellas coat, I would add the njord pant (don’t want fleece sitting in a snow drift calling dogs) would be the ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a pair of vertex over whites that suit my needs. In fact, I prefer to be able to use them over my regular hunting gear so I can change things up with the current conditions.

I have the Columbia bibs and jacket, I really like them, wish I could wear them more often. Anyhow, Ebay has quite the selection of some wool snow camo options.

Kspence49

FNG
Beyond clothing has a couple options but these days I opt for over whites. Kryptek has some decent ones

Seeknelk

WKR
Maybe I need to try some better over whites but the ones I've had I absolutely hate. Pockets either non existent or non functional and blocks access to the real pockets or your fly etc.
Cheesy drawstring waist and cheap cotton/ polyester fabrics that end up wet and frozen etc.
So I guess what I'm looking for is the the finished product which means a non cover up. If I am just going sit in a stand or predator call without much walking, it's just fine.

I have had the overwhites from Wild Things for several years now and am very happy with their durability and fit.

Wildthingsgear.com

Kspence49

FNG
Maybe I need to try some better over whites but the ones I've had I absolutely hate. Pockets either non existent or non functional and blocks access to the real pockets or your fly etc.
Cheesy drawstring waist and cheap cotton/ polyester fabrics that end up wet and frozen etc.
So I guess what I'm looking for is the the finished product which means a non cover up. If I am just going sit in a stand or predator call without much walking, it's just fine.
The krypteks are polyester and DWR treated. I don’t use them as a waterproof tho, my waterproofing goes under them. They also have pockets and large vents you can use to get into the under layers.

I don’t typically wear 100% over whites either, it’s usually a comb of just the jacket or pants depending on what the terrain looks like. But I do like the kryptek set overall. I would wait til it goes on sale tho I can’t remember how much I paid for mine but it was significantly less than 189

Seeknelk

WKR
The krypteks are polyester and DWR treated. I don’t use them as a waterproof tho, my waterproofing goes under them. They also have pockets and large vents you can use to get into the under layers.

I don’t typically wear 100% over whites either, it’s usually a comb of just the jacket or pants depending on what the terrain looks like. But I do like the kryptek set overall. I would wait til it goes on sale tho I can’t remember how much I paid for mine but it was significantly less than 189
Gotcha. I'll take a look. I'd like to not add the extra weight/restriction when hunting big mountain mule deer in Nov so I may get the forloh pants, gotta swing in there and try em on.

Kspence49

FNG
Gotcha. I'll take a look. I'd like to not add the extra weight/restriction when hunting big mountain mule deer in Nov so I may get the forloh pants, gotta swing in there and try em on.
That’s another nice thing about the krypteks, they’re super light and oversized so they don’t restrict. However they prob wouldn’t be the absolute best for walking through timber falls haha

Duh

WKR
That’s another nice thing about the krypteks, they’re super light and oversized so they don’t restrict. However they prob wouldn’t be the absolute best for walking through timber falls haha
How are the over whites in regard to noise?

tclipse

Lil-Rokslider

It's done now but they were $125 or so on their BF sale, seems to be their going rate on holiday sales every year.