Not so hot....

OP
todd kelly
Wow, lots of great info on gear from a different perspective. Funny to see gear mentioned that you personally love and couldn't do without and others that you agree with. Also funny to read comments and think in your head "your using it all wrong!"

Eberlestock Skycrane backpack. Heavy, uncomfortable when fully loaded. Poor capacity for how much it weighs.

Kept it as my range pack, where all of the compartments make it useful for organization, but it really sucks for hunting.

(Not exactly gear I guess)
Peanut butter perfect bars... after hearing Brian and Aron praise these I picked up about $40 worth of perfect bars. I don't consider myself a picky eater but I couldn't finish one of these things!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably nobody is reading this thread now...

No point in me naming specific manufacturers, but I've had several failures and disappointments over the years. I had a titanium oval stove that struck me as ridiculously hard to assemble...warped like a demon...and leaked enough smoke to turn my eyes red. Sold it.

I had 2 very expensive backpacks from one popular company. Neither of them carried heavy loads worth a fiddler's damn for me and generally left me in pain. Plus the fact they were entirely too busy with options and such. Sold them.

Pac boots which had a superb reputation. I owned 3 different pairs over a decade and every pair failed visibly. Leather collapsing at the Achilles; interior lining coming loose; leakiness. Sold them.

Pesto Salmon Pasta by a well known FD company. Probably the worst tasting, saltiest and strongest (herbs and spices) meal I've ever tried to eat. I tossed it.

2012 Diesel pickup with DEF system. Best example of expensive American-made equipment which became a litany of failures. Water leaks. Electrical issues. Sensor failures. DEF system problems x 3. Glow plug replacements x 6. Most entertaining vehicle I've ever owned...every week the DIC shows me a new warning light, indicator or something needs my attention. Gonna sell it.

Bruce Culberson

Lil-Rokslider
Kuiu's first puffy jacket (don't remember the model name) but in an XL it fit really tight in the shoulders. I returned it. First and only time an XL jacket was too tight for me.

Badlands 2800, advertised as being super tough. Packed out 3 deer and one lope and several seams have popped and several zippers failed. Hip belt is a mid tummy belt, but I have a 23" torso. Need to box 📦 it up and return for warranty.

LL Bean internal pack 100 litre size. Used this for several mountain hunts. It's ok up to 70lb, but over that (ie. when you add a critter) and the hip belt keeps slipping down my arse. I now have a Seek Outside 6300 Paradox with a 1 piece belt that doesn't slip even under heavy load. 3 piece belt with lumbar pad just doesn't work for me.

EE quilt works good for me, but the pad straps are essential to avoid drafts. I like how the straps also keep you on the pad rather than sliding off.