November '23 Himalayan Blue Sheep story

7mm-08

WKR
Thank you for taking the time to communicate your adventure to your fellow Roksliders. Like most, I will never have the opportunity to experience this sort of hunt in person. I, too, appreciate your perspective on the overall experience and not just the hunt/kill. Stay warm in the north country.

hunter4life

Lil-Rokslider
Congratulations!! Looks like you had a great hunt.

My brother and I were the first hunters of the season with Mahesh.
I was the one with the Remington 700 in 7mm RM.

OP
adamkolesar

adamkolesar

Lil-Rokslider
Congratulations!! Looks like you had a great hunt.

My brother and I were the first hunters of the season with Mahesh.
I was the one with the Remington 700 in 7mm RM.
Yes. Mahesh mentioned the "Brothers". Congrats back. As you saw from the pictures, we had a bit of snow to contend with in November.

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
Based on your experience, how bowhuntable are they?
Most of the central Asian sheep and ibex hunts look extremely open and not conducive to bowhunting at all
I hunted Pakistan for blue sheep in March of 2022. As I was leaving the area I spoke with a new hunter who was just arriving. He was a bow hunter and wanted to be the first known person to take a blue sheep with a bow. From what I was told a few weeks later by his local guides, he didn't even come close. The same guy was headed to Tajikistan that same September for an archery marco polo hunt. I have to assume the results were the same on that hunt as well.

OP
adamkolesar

adamkolesar

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted Pakistan for blue sheep in March of 2022. As I was leaving the area I spoke with a new hunter who was just arriving. He was a bow hunter and wanted to be the first known person to take a blue sheep with a bow. From what I was told a few weeks later by his local guides, he didn't even come close. The same guy was headed to Tajikistan that same September for an archery marco polo hunt. I have to assume the results were the same on that hunt as well.
That's a really lofty goal(s). The guy must have really deep pockets and some insane drive. I'm pretty sure my outfitter wouldn't have accepted an archery hunter. (He hasn't since 1975).

OP
adamkolesar

adamkolesar

Lil-Rokslider
That's a really lofty goal(s). The guy must have really deep pockets and some insane drive. I'm pretty sure my outfitter wouldn't have accepted an archery hunter. (He hasn't since 1975).
BTW your blue sheep horns on your avatar have some awesome bases!