Nepal Himalayan Blue Sheep March 2022

Mt Al

WKR
Thank you for taking the to share the pics and story, incredible!!! Congratulations on a great trophy.

OP
dukxdog

dukxdog

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome write up. Thanks for taking us along on the trip. Very interesting.
Man, looking at those little guys with those "packs" makes one want to send them a Kifaru, Kuiu, Mystery Ranch or something of the sort. Tough guys there. 🥴😁
They would not be able to get all they need to carry in any modern pack. They carry a 10 gallon propane cylinder, the sheep whole back to camp, etc. You can see how overfull the baskets are. Their system has worked for thousands of years.
The women and kids carry pine needles in the baskets for cattle feed at their homes.

Fields they plow with buffalo. The women break clods and hoe by hand.

Their houses, stone fences and terraced fields were made over the past thousands of years. I was amazed at the Infrastructure all built by hand and back breaking labor.

Rob5589

WKR
Incredible trip! I've never heard of a Himalayan Blue Sheep. Unique looking animal.

Jimbob

WKR
Wow. I have to imagine a cross-cultural experience like that is truly a great adventure. Well done on all aspects.

bbell

WKR
The hunt and the mountains would be awesome, but the cultural experience would be a huge highlight for me I think. Thanks for sharing!

Hall17

FNG
This is what life should be about. Doing the things you dream about. I understand the money aspect of things but congrats to you for simply living life! Finding a way to live out your dreams and share them with us. Congrats on what looks like an amazing adventure. And some think all we are are killers. Its a shame some can't see the joy it brings and the adventure it can behold.