Off-center holes in paper target

CEShooter

FNG
I was at the local indoor range to see how some new loads worked in my 300 BO SBR and after looking at the target a bit closer at the end of the trip I noticed that the holes (where the paper is physically missing) for 1 of the three loads were off-center from the black circle left by the bullet as it passed through the paper. Loads 1 and 2 had holes that visually, look symmetrical (equal amount of black ring around the hole in the paper) but the last load did not. It doesn't appear to be keyholing as there aren't any large tears in the paper where the bullet went through, but it doesn't appear symmetrical like any other target that I can remember shooting.

This result showed itself at both 25 and 50 yds but I can't say that the 50 yd hole had any more off-center than the 25 yd hole. Is this an indication of a bullet that isn't stable but not necessarily bad enough to keyhole or are there any thoughts on what may be causing this? The bullet in question is a Nosler Custom Competition in 220gr.

OP
C

CEShooter

FNG
Thanks for the knowledge. That’s a bummer as I was hoping to use these as subsonic rounds and I’m already on the higher side of things for powder.