Off grid food

RemiR7

Lil-Rokslider
Three weeks in a row now I’ve tried to order through off grid and all three occasions I had either two phones or phone/laptop refreshing the page from 530 pst time until roughly 20 min after checking on the availability and not once did anything come available. Now I realize this is a small company and very popular and are on a limited supply, but what do you have to do to be successful in ordering meals? I’ve emailed them concerning an order that I never received confirmation on and finally got one then went into explaining this ^ and asked if I need to do something different and got nothing. Has any average joe been successful in ordering from these guys at all as far as meals and not the oatmeal, jerky, trail mix, etc?

Dusty2426

WKR
Gave up on those knot heads a while ago. Mountain house readily available and not that bad or much more sodium tHan the others and it’s not like I’m eating them all year and I can also dehydrate my own.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Three weeks in a row now I’ve tried to order through off grid and all three occasions I had either two phones or phone/laptop refreshing the page from 530 pst time until roughly 20 min after checking on the availability and not once did anything come available. Now I realize this is a small company and very popular and are on a limited supply, but what do you have to do to be successful in ordering meals? I’ve emailed them concerning an order that I never received confirmation on and finally got one then went into explaining this ^ and asked if I need to do something different and got nothing. Has any average joe been successful in ordering from these guys at all as far as meals and not the oatmeal, jerky, trail mix, etc?
I've also been unsuccessful in trying to order. I've moved on to peak refuel myself.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Marble

WKR
Backpackers pantry....

I switched from mountain house. Seemed better in all ways except price. It was slightly more but not much.

I have ordered meals from them on 4 different and all went through smoothly, and got my meals about a week later. I currently have gotten 5 pomodoro with bison, 3 pad thai, and 2 bbq mac and cheese. The best way I have found for whoever on social media is watch their page as they announce it on there. As soon as it says in stock order it and have all your info ready. I could have ordered the chili this morning.

steveptr

FNG
They're dealing with some major growing pains. They did a kifarukast episode a while back and it got brought up. They literally just can't keep up with the demand. And it sucks for everyone including them. I've been trying to get some myself and I live an hour away from where they are located and still can't get any. They're new machine will be in soon allegedly and they'll be able to have more availability then.

Spencer@OffGridFoodCo.

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor

Hey Guys, Totally understand your frustration... We've been maxed out since we launched these a few months back... honestly the dinners blew up in our faces. Good news is it forced us to buy upgrade and upscale our freeze dryers, bad news is it has to be built and it won't be here until early to mid November. We're going to keep rolling out the weekly batches of dinners, but we do have to suffer through a couple more months of them selling out quick. To be fully candid - the only people we have sent meals to at this point are Aron and Frank which was a while back so almost all of the meals have been going to the website. Tony Trietch, Jordan budd, and anyone else that we work with have not got any dinners unless they bought them like everyone else. If you guys have questions or anything - you can email or call us anytime.

Spencer - 360-325-4241
[email protected]

Zach - 360-325-4283
[email protected]

hayesplow

Lil-Rokslider
Over the years, i have done a lot of prepping, horded a lot of food, water and ammo. reserved food are the way to go, bake beans, rice etc, things you will be able to carry.

Fozzy26

Lil-Rokslider
I had the same issue the last couple of weeks, but like anything, stayed persistent and got some this last week! Shipped today and can't wait to get them in! Its almost like Colorado leftover day, but now its every Wednesday with the challenge of being first haha. Really looking forward to them growing and adjusting to the high demand though!

PAtwell

FNG
I cannot wait to try the new dinner options. I hope I am lucky enough to get some this week.

Everything I've tried from OG has been quite good. I've never found a dinner entree (that I wanted) in stock in....what's it been?....2 or 3 years. All I've been able to try has been the breakfasts or snacks. If I could eat shirts and caps, those tend to be in stock. As it stands now, going on a hunt and utilizing mainly OG food would be a great weight loss plan.

:LOL:

Hey Men of Off Grid....just giving you guys a friendly tweak. Most of us are just wanting to at least try your offerings so we know what we wish we could get. Like others, I've had no choice but to buy from the big boys of freeze dried vittles. I wish you guys nothing but success and enough thick skin to get there.

Join their Facebook page. They are very good on what dinners are going to be offered that Wednesday. For the previous several weeks, FB stated at times will not have dinners available. Last week Wednesday, their OG Bison Chile was suppose to come online, however, it never showed up on the site until the next morning (Thursday). Frustrating, but picked up the last of my meals needed.

I liked their previous Friday offerings because with a Wednesday 5:30pst, everybody is ordering at same time and will crash the site.

All of the meals I have tried, I'm buying again. Their Rise 'n Grind Cereal is my fav, all their dinners so far have been top notch.