Old Texan

Figured I would start posting a little. Joined years ago but I just pop in now & then to look. Great site here, lots of good knowledge to be shared on here. Got my first elk hunt in Colorado in 2009. Life just kept me busy inside Texas prior to that. I am afraid I am addicted to the Mountains and hunting elk. It gets in your blood. Been 6 times the last 10 years. Missed a few years due to some injuries requiring surgeries. Been killing stuff with a bow since about 1967-68. I primarily bowhunt but will occasionally pull out a bang stick. After hunting elk the old whitetail deer just does not do it for me anymore. Decided to quit the deer lease world and focus on ELK. I am getting older and body parts are breaking but plan to do another DIY this year in Colorado for Elk. Actually drew a New Mexico Archery Elk Tag this year too, in a tough Unit to try to hunt but I intend to give it my best shot. Probably not too many more DIY's left in my future so I plan to hit it hard the next 5-10 years (God Willing) in one to two states a year, if possible. Thanks for those members here that post good information and that take the time to respond to new members questions. Thanks for reading. Happy Hunting.