Oliver Anthony

OP
D

Del Gue

FNG
As someone very into music and songwriting...

It sounds like a bunch of buzzwords turned into a song.

No nuance, no subtlety, no creative rhyming, nothing that really stands out as great writing.

Feels to me as manufactured for attention as anything out there.
So what famous songs have you written and sung that we are all familiar with or have gone viral?

gabenzeke

WKR
I like it. I get that he's not as polished in terms of songwriting or guitar playing as he could be in the future. But I read he hasn't been playing all that long. I think both political sides are reading too much into this. The guy has said he's independent. And the song has lines that should appeal to both sides. Taken in its entirety the message is about politicians screwing over the little guy to enrich themselves. I feel like that's something that should be universally appreciated even if there is a line or two that doesn't necessarily align with your beliefs.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Wingnutty

FNG
It resonates and the problem is that it’s a story as old as time. It isn’t a sign of todays times, it’s a sign of humanity from the beginning of time till the end. Unfortunately a song ain’t gonna change it, nothing will because at our core 99% of humans run on greed. That’s a fact.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
I love all the responses like this song, or any for that matter, have to check some type of technical boxes to be a worthwhile listen. None of that stuff matters. The song just obviously works for a very large amount of people. I think it’s great things like this still happen for unknown people.

Ten Bears

WKR

No nuance, no subtlety, no creative rhyming, nothing that really stands out as great writing.

so please tell us what buzzwords we’re used?

didn’t know fudge rounds had become so saturated in the popular lexicon of music.

conley417

Lil-Rokslider
What he is saying isn’t all that original. Country singers/songwriters have been saying the same things for years but they haven’t got the right people to push it

Interesting. I thought "rich men" north of "richmond" was creative and great songwriting. Unless it's a term that was already used that I wasn't aware of.

Rich men north of richmond as a line and the way he sings the hell out of it is catchy.

The epstein island lyrics don't really make sense but the fact that he alluded to epstein island seems like a popular move. Were politicians looking out for minors on the island?

Rich men north of richmond as a line and the way he sings the hell out of it is catchy.

The epstein island lyrics don't really make sense but the fact that he alluded to epstein island seems like a popular move. Were politicians looking out for minors on the island?
Pretty sure he’s alluding to the only “miners” our politicians care about are the “minors” that were available on epsteins island, not the “miners” extracting up raw material which are the ones they should care about

Put me in the “like this” camp. Not the “jealous it isn’t me, so I’m going to criticize to show how deep I am” camp

Pretty sure he’s alluding to the only “miners” our politicians care about are the “minors” that were available on epsteins island, not the “miners” extracting up raw material which are the ones they should care about

Put me in the “like this” camp. Not the “jealous it isn’t me, so I’m going to criticize to show how deep I am” camp
Idk if it’s been clarified, but I like to think it’s minors in both lines. This country doesn’t seem to care about our youth. Especially since he says “not just” on an island. I like that it’s got the potential for multiple meanings.

Idk if it’s been clarified, but I like to think it’s minors in both lines. This country doesn’t seem to care about our youth. Especially since he says “not just” on an island. I like that it’s got the potential for multiple meanings.
When I read the written lyrics the first is “miners” and 2nd mention is “minors”

This was my assumption on the intention as well but wording is kind of funny as evidenced by peoples different interpretations within this thread. But I get it, lyrics work that way sometimes.

CorbLand

WKR
The lyrics have been posted multiple times. Its miners and minors.

IDK the singing and the simple music hooked me before I realized what the song was about. The learics are a bonus for me. Reminds me of Zach Bryan.