On X issue

svhunter

FNG
Why can I not get to the most detailed zoom on 'offline' mode? It 'breaks into' a much more close up pic online but not after I save a map? I'm choosing the highest res map.

Wapitibob is correct. I got the same answer directly from OnX.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sobrbiker

WKR
I’ve only been doing medium, but I was actually out hunting today and was gonna resave area in high res-glad I saw this first!

Hunt41

Lil-Rokslider
How do we get high detail zoom maps? What if we buy the chip?

I contacted them about this as well. The last 2 years I hunted CO with my brother.

I had the latest updated maps saved for offline use.

He was using a version 3-4 years old. His had the highest resolution saved and mine lost detail as described above.

He was able to pinpoint and mark bedded bucks to the exact group of trees they were under while I could only approximate the general area.

He’s never going to update his maps as long as he can avoid it!

I have been curious whether another app like Gaia Topo had higher offline resolution but haven’t looked into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine has been acting funny. There’s one map that I have saved that will not load in offline. I’ve been using it for a couple years and now when I get to the area it’s a big blur. Is this what y’all are talking about? The map is basically useless. I can’t see topo lines or anything. Any suggestions?

Just checked the offline maps I downloaded a in the last 2 years- all is good on mine. I do updates as I see them. From what I can see no issues on my end. BUT I haven't downloaded a map for offline use in well over a year.

Mine has been acting funny. There’s one map that I have saved that will not load in offline. I’ve been using it for a couple years and now when I get to the area it’s a big blur. Is this what y’all are talking about?

Here’s’ an example of 2 satellite images at 100 ft resolution. The first one is with data access and the second is my saved offline map.

6727624ba8427e3985d4f54f493396a2.jpg

ea36b63685fca19047d37ba80107579e.jpg

I would say that this wouldn’t be a problem for me (or such a disappointment) with the app if I didn’t know that you used to be able to download the better resolution and now you can’t.

It’s still a great resource, so I’ll get over it either way.