Oneida Phoenix

Any experience with these? Looking at a new bow and like the fact there’s one string and you can work on them with minimal tools and no press. I had a Oneida 15 years ago but I didn’t know enough to have an opinion. The closest shop is 40 minutes and it can be like pulling teeth to get them to work on your stuff, so being self sufficient would be a major plus. Looks like you can run the risk of a twist in the limbs but easily altered and tuned.

They draw nice, look neat and are pretty easy to tinker with, they also have some draw backs. I don't remember the prices anymore, but they're as expensive if not more so than modern flagship compounds, while being significantly slower, louder and prone to weird issues. I have owned a pile of Oneidas and all but 2 have exploded or locked up on me. I still own 2 of them, but they don't do anything better than modern compounds. I prefer hunting with my recurve more than my Oneidas anymore. I keep them for nostalgia's sake at this point.

OP
C
They draw nice, look neat and are pretty easy to tinker with, they also have some draw backs. I don't remember the prices anymore, but they're as expensive if not more so than modern flagship compounds, while being significantly slower, louder and prone to weird issues. I have owned a pile of Oneidas and all but 2 have exploded or locked up on me. I still own 2 of them, but they don't do anything better than modern compounds. I prefer hunting with my recurve more than my Oneidas anymore. I keep them for nostalgia's sake at this point.
Probably better off dealing with complex setup of a standard compound and being done with it?

manitou1

WKR
My brother and I shot Oneidas for years and owned quite a few renditions.
Never had one "lock up" or blow up.
No harder to maintain/work on than any other bow... easier IMO.

Heavy and loud but we killed many animals with them.

To date, still the smoothest drawing and easiest to draw bow I have ever touched.
Could easily draw ten extra pounds in draw weight.

Favorite compounds I ever owned.

All time favs are my custom Black Widow recurves and Pittsley.