OnX Hunt Promo Code/Rokcast

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have a new sponsor for the Rokcast podcast! Thank you to OnX Hunt Maps for the support. Tune in weekly to hear new tips/tricks that I use through the OnX app. What are your favorite features? Have any questions about the app.. post them here!

They also want to make sure all of our listeners are taken care of with a 20% off code to use at checkout. Use code Rokcast on their website and get 20% off any package.

https://www.onxmaps.com/hunt/app

Attachments

• ROKCAST_powered by OnXHunt-01-01-2.png
    ROKCAST_powered by OnXHunt-01-01-2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 63
I've used Onx since the chip in a GPS. Great tool but recently the app has been struggling. It freezes immediately upon opening then works on the second try.
Seems to take a minute or so to get all loaded up and then can start zooming around.
I had layers on for several states but turned everything off besides what I needed and still has issues.
It is on a Samsung s9 phone.
Are there any tips or tricks to help?
Is it just time for a new phone?
I have not Uninstalled then installed.
Thanks

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've used Onx since the chip in a GPS. Great tool but recently the app has been struggling. It freezes immediately upon opening then works on the second try.
Seems to take a minute or so to get all loaded up and then can start zooming around.
I had layers on for several states but turned everything off besides what I needed and still has issues.
It is on a Samsung s9 phone.
Are there any tips or tricks to help?
Is it just time for a new phone?
I have not Uninstalled then installed.
Thanks
I would make sure that your Samsung is up to date, along with OnX being updated. It seems like if the phone isn't updated but an app is updated for the newer version of the phone there can be friction. I would do that first and then uninstall and reinstall.

Elite20

FNG
We have a new sponsor for the Rokcast podcast! Thank you to OnX Hunt Maps for the support. Tune in weekly to hear new tips/tricks that I use through the OnX app. What are your favorite features? Have any questions about the app.. post them here!

They also want to make sure all of our listeners are taken care of with a 20% off code to use at checkout. Use code Rokcast on their website and get 20% off any package.

https://www.onxmaps.com/hunt/app
Will be looking in to

FWTXN

FNG
I purchased OnX last year in preparation for my elk hunt, and it has been great! Worked flawlessly offline all week.

Ono

FNG
Meh, app has become bloated with things most users don't need. This diminishes functionality, speed, and increases the glitchiness of the app. Other platforms are more reliable at this point.

mbv3

FNG
Meh, app has become bloated with things most users don't need. This diminishes functionality, speed, and increases the glitchiness of the app. Other platforms are more reliable at this point.
what platforms are better?

Deadfall

WKR
I love it. I like that I can plot possible travel routes tgen look at the route in 3d.

I love the offline mapping. My wife lives that I can send her exact location if something goes haywire.

Thanks for the promo code. I’ve used OnX for a few years with success, and recently tried HuntStand. Definitely going back to OnX, it seems more user friendly.

bfuda

FNG
Any recommendations on other platforms?

King Kong

FNG
If we could only get OnX and Garmin out on a date....... Best of both worlds as far as GPS maps and handhelds.