OnX Organization

I'm looking for some inspiration here as I've been playing with the various color coding in OnX but haven't really worked out a system I'm happy with yet. So I'm curious how are others organizing/color coding their waypoints? Do you have a system that you find works really well for whatever reason?

wapitibob

WKR
There isn’t a good way. That’s a glaring hole in the app. Better than basemap but not as good as the folders in Gaia.

OP
G
Yeah I know you can’t really folder like that so I was hoping someone has come up with a good system for color coding that they’ve found helpful for keeping things organized. I clearly haven’t yet lol

wapitibob

WKR
I used number prefixes last year but eventually just saved everything and pulled it all off then just uploaded individual unit stuff as I hunted those different areas/states.

Patton

Lil-Rokslider
For me....

White is what I use for parking areas, access points, trailheads, 'turn here', gates, camp etc. Mostly 'man-made' items.

Black is for glassing knobs.

Purple is for geographical features that I'm interested in such as benches, bowls, north slopes etc.

Yellow is used for bedding, scrapes, rubs, and feed.

Brown is specific animals like cow elk, bull elk, deer, as well as animals trails and tracks.

Light blue for drinking water, dark blue for wallows.

Red is things I want to avoid like an outfitter camp or main trailhead.