Onx Problems

cpahunts

FNG
Anyone else having trouble getting OnX Maps to work lately -- it's getting stuck for me both on Google and Firefox. When I try to drill down on an area -- just after a few clicks it freezes.

I haven't had that particular issue, but I will say that their customer service was *very* responsive when I emailed them about a problem a month or so ago. I would recommend that you reach out to them directly. It will likely help them too, to know that a problem exists and that they need to devise a solution.

OP
cpahunts

cpahunts

FNG
Very good. I emailed them yesterday but it is the weekend so hopefully will hear back tomorrow. Thanks much.

Could be a plug-in issue. Usually the culprit when either a browser or program updates. One has to catch up with the other. I had to do this with google earth recently.
Try updating your browsers or OnX version first,

ragz

FNG
Try disabling some of your layers if you have multiple states on.

OP
cpahunts

cpahunts

FNG
Thanks for the suggestions -- still not working. Hopefully the guys from OnX can get me back up and e-scouting tomorrow.

Tick

WKR
Had the problem several weeks ago with it just closing on my phone. Did it a couple of days then stopped.

Stoney920

Lil-Rokslider
Good to hear about the positive experience with customer service as I just got onX and am new to all of it, so hopefully the good customer service holds true.

come2elmo

WKR
Over the last few weeks I have been getting a warning from Firefox the website is having an issue similar to the op. Also I don’t have the option to adjust the transparency of the layers like the iOS app has. I believe the web app had it at one point but maybe it didn’t

YZF_88

Lil-Rokslider
Did your membership expire? Mine just did and they auto renewed it....but I wasn’t expecting a $99 charge with no warning!!!! Hopefully my waypoints stay when I do renew on my time.

shader112

Lil-Rokslider
Had the problem several weeks ago with it just closing on my phone. Did it a couple of days then stopped.
I've had the same issue for a few months. I updated the app and it still happens. Not sure what the problem is. I have a 5 year old phone so i usually chalk issues up to that.

come2elmo

WKR
Yea they hit me for my Wyoming state but I had upgraded my account to all states with a card from camofire so now I have to get that straight.

Tick

WKR
Did your membership expire? Mine just did and they auto renewed it....but I wasn’t expecting a $99 charge with no warning!!!! Hopefully my waypoints stay when I do renew on my time.

I had the same thing happen this year. I am a fan of OnX, but did not like that.

pumatom

FNG
Anyone else having trouble getting OnX Maps to work lately -- it's getting stuck for me both on Google and Firefox. When I try to drill down on an area -- just after a few clicks it freezes.
I had different problem, when I updated the app last week
It deleted my off grid maps and would not download any more
Customer service got it working but I had to redo my off grid maps again

I dunno... Onx is a handy platform, but sure seems like every year I read about more than a few folks having problems. I'll have to think some more about getting it...

Rich M

WKR
I dunno... Onx is a handy platform, but sure seems like every year I read about more than a few folks having problems. I'll have to think some more about getting it...

You have to remember that everyone has diff technical capabilities.

I compare it to those reviews you see when looking at say a tent. There will be a 60-yr old lady saying she loves the tent and it goes up easy. Then there is a group of 30-yr old guys who can't get the tent to stay up.

That said - I have a 1 state membership (off camofire) and it is worth those prices to try it out.

wapitibob

WKR
I believe onx has had some difficulty in switching itself between service and no service. I don’t know if that’s true but I always put phone into airplane mode before I start the app and have zero problems on iPhone 5 and XR.