Opinions on KUHL gear?

Heard about this company but just saw some of their pants/shorts/shirts/jackets this past weekend. Pricey but it all looked very well made and the fit was excellent.

Anyone have experience with their clothing and care to offer reviews?

Thanks.

Really good quality gear, though I’ve found most of their apparel to be pretty casual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElkAB1212

FNG
I have had a flannel from them for 10 years I hike in it all the time and it’s still in mint condition. Fits excellent, based on that I’m a believer that their gear is quality anyways

• Banned
OP
Newtosavage
Really good quality gear, though I’ve found most of their apparel to be pretty casual.

Yea, not looking at it for hunting or hiking necessarily. But I've reached a point in my life where I want to buy better quality clothes, less often. Everything I tried on fit me better than most anything I already have.

Poser

WKR
I have a bunch of Kuhl pants & jeans , dozen+ pairs. Wear them daily as they are the most comfortable cut I have found and the cell phone pocket will spoil you and make any other Pant impractical unless you are one of those guys who clips your phone to your belt. They do have 5-6 different cuts so you might try the different ones to find why you prefer. The heavier duty pants are pretty stiff until after 10+ washes.

• Banned
OP
Newtosavage
The store I was in had a flannel on sale and it fit so good I had to buy it. I don't normally spend $45 on a flannel shirt but it looked like one I may own for 20 years and the wife liked it so...

Looked hard at their Kollusion waxed cotton coat. It fit really nice too. Didn't care for the price in the store (it's a tourist area and all those stores inflate their prices) but found one online on sale for $80 less so I ordered it too. Between that flannel and that coat, I should be set for most situations.

Couldn't bring myself to pay their prices for pants but I nearly bought a pair of shorts. They looked pretty bulletproof and were light enough too.

OP
Newtosavage
I agree, that is why I don't own more than one Kuhl piece. I catch Duluth when they do 30% sales direct, and that makes it worth it to me.
I plan to keep an eye out for Kuhl stuff on sale like the jacket I found. Backcountry and Steep and Cheap both carry some of their stuff and they have sales often. I'll let the tourists pay the tourist prices. :D

It's not gear. It's clothing.

Good stuff but not technical in the way I would refer to gear. The low-down flannels are my favorite.

M-Wig

Lil-Rokslider
I was looking at some Kuhl pants once and the sales girl asked if she could help me with anything. Told here I needed some hiking pants and she said, "Okay..Kuhl is pretty popular but just so you know it's kind of a dad brand." I said, "I have kids...is a dad brand bad or...." She says, "Just thought you should know" and gave me one of those faces like we're both in the know now. She walked off and I looked around like wth just happened.

OP
Newtosavage
I was looking at some Kuhl pants once and the sales girl asked if she could help me with anything. Told here I needed some hiking pants and she said, "Okay..Kuhl is pretty popular but just so you know it's kind of a dad brand." I said, "I have kids...is a dad brand bad or...." She says, "Just thought you should know" and gave me one of those faces like we're both in the know now. She walked off and I looked around like wth just happened.
If the saleswoman said that to me I'd be like hell yea, I finally found my clothes. LOL

CCH

WKR
I wear their Silencer shorts for pretty much everything: biking, hiking and every day wear. So far, it has been awesome.

Would love to have someone give me the inside scoop that something in particular was "dad" clothing. That would both flatter me and tell me I should probably buy it. Currently just shooting not to be given a heads up that I'm buying "grandpa" clothing.

They make great stuff. Fits well and they're getting a lot better about sizing consistency.

Tank9

FNG
I can't remember the model name but I got a set of their breathable shorts this summer for a casual wedding. The price was higher than I would like but they are by far the nicest shorts I've wore, super comfortable and made well.