Opinions on rangefinders

hehaka bloka

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using the Vortex Ranger 1000 and haven't had much luck with it reading soft targets. I would like a dual purpose, archery and rifle, and looking for modest options. I've been looking at the Leupold Fulldraw 3 but I don't know much about them. Any other options that I'm missing out on? Thanks in advance.

S.Clancy

WKR
My experience with Vortex rangefinders wasn't good. I went with a Sig Kilo 2000, used. Cost me around 200$. I would go with Sig over Vortex any day.

bruno747

FNG
Sig Kilo 2200 here. The BDX system alone made it worth the price to me. Love not having to keep dope disks anymore. being able to just take the chrono out to the prairie and immediately have it build out a table on the fly is awesome.

Seems to be pretty good on picking up on just about anything out to about 600yd. Beyond that it gets picky. Furthest I ever got was about 950yd on a shiny mylar balloon that blew across the prairie, but I haven't really tried anything beyond that with it because when I setup metal targets, I use my GPS to mark my table and my target for distance.