Opinions

JakeT

Lil-Rokslider
Need some opinions on these danner alseas. I got them on ebay for under $50. They look like they haven't seen much use. When I got them and went to lace them up the inside 3 lace loops on each boot were ground off.
I know why he did it, so the boots don't hook on each other when walking but I've never seen this done before. It will probably be hard to describe but whats the best way to lace them up now?
Also you could not see this in the photos of his ad and it wasn't in the description.
They can't be replaced either because of the insulation covering them up on the inside. 20240229_184743.jpg
Should I leave him negative feedback or not? I'm not happy about it but I think I payed $48 for them. Maybe its my fault for not asking? 20240229_183433.jpg20240229_183440.jpg20240229_183500.jpg

yfarm

WKR
Contact him, lack of disclosure of a material defect will invoke ebays guarantee so you will get refunded, if the boots will work for you ask him to do a partial refund via a pm, if not or he refuses go the other route. Have learned as a buyer and seller on ebay to disclose every little thing or it bites you. Given the cost of return shipping being assessed against the seller he may refund you and say throw them away or donate. Have done that myself.

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
This is over the line for a disclosure issue.

It's not your fault for not asking.

The seller should have put in CAPS, asterisks, alternate color, etc. that the item has been modified and not simply used.

I think a lot of sellers find this specialty stuff at goodwill and take it home to resell. I get that vibe often when I buy Scouts BSA stuff on Ebay. The seller won't necessarily see or perceive defects or poor condition because they don't know what the item is actually supposed to look like.

I shrug my shoulders sometimes when I get stuff with stains on it or dog hair, but your item is damaged not used.

Tick

WKR
$5 or a $500 item it definitely should have been mentioned in the description. Demanding a refund is not out of line.

Magma

Lil-Rokslider
That’s a really cool shoe. I’ll get one if it’s any good ?

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
If seller doesn’t accept returns it’s likely covered by eBay for things such as “item not as described, wrong item etc”. I recently went that route and got refunded.