Optics and Ammo LLC Warning

strz

FNG
Curious, did he request you pay with Zelle? If so, it sounds like chargebacks are a issue for him so he likely knew it was not a option with Zelle. That or his merchant account was cancelled due to all of the charge issues. Mailing the water bottle is some pretty clear fraud. Sounds like this guy just needs to catch the eye of a motivated prosecutor. Sadly with everything going on in the world, this is small beans and that is unlikely.

Totally forgot the Atlas implosion. That was a epic mess and thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that’s exactly what happened. And now his email address is appearing as “invalid” on Zelle (thought it would at least be amusing to request a refund that way). Which also explains why he stopped replying to my emails after left him no choice but to admit he was a scammer.

Some peoples’ kids man....

They show it in stock but its really not. I tried to buy a Vortex binocular that I knew had been discontinued and they showed it in stock and also said by email that they could get it. Turns out the owner was lying. After about 2 months of trying I had to get my credit card company to reverse charges due to fraud. I checked and they show that they have other optics that have been discontinued. This happened in January and they still show that some binocular as available. Pass the word on to others.

Hey AZmark, if you haven't reported this to Vortex you definitely should. They have just started litigation against opticsandammo for advertising their products without being an authorized dealer, diverting revenue from authorized dealers and damaging their brand with bad customer service. It sounds like what happened to you fits in to all 3 categories.

AZmark

WKR
Hey AZmark, if you haven't reported this to Vortex you definitely should. They have just started litigation against opticsandammo for advertising their products without being an authorized dealer, diverting revenue from authorized dealers and damaging their brand with bad customer service. It sounds like what happened to you fits in to all 3 categories.
Thanks for the info Fieldwalker....I'll see how I can get the info to Vortex

OP
Fartrell Cluggins

How did you learn that Vortex has initiated litigation against him?

OP
Fartrell Cluggins
More and more victims are coming out of the wood work over on the Campfire. Apparently the DA is starting to take this seriously.

Jay46

FNG
Well, just joined the group in getting scammed by this douchbag. My fault for not doing any search on the company. Usually only buy from well known businesses but didn't this time. After several emails asking when my order will be shipped, I never heard back. My question to everyone is, has he been able to actually take anyone to court over this bullshit? I don't think any court would ever agree with him and his shady practice of business, but just curious? Or does he just send threatening emails to people that were able to get their money back and not from him?

VernAK

WKR
Well, just joined the group in getting scammed by this douchbag. My fault for not doing any search on the company. Usually only buy from well known businesses but didn't this time. After several emails asking when my order will be shipped, I never heard back. My question to everyone is, has he been able to actually take anyone to court over this bullshit? I don't think any court would ever agree with him and his shady practice of business, but just curious? Or does he just send threatening emails to people that were able to get their money back and not from him?

My credit card company refunded me.......check with others on 24 hour campfire.

AZmark

WKR
After 2 months of trying to deal with the guy and just getting the runaround I went to my CC company and they reversed charges. He was pissed and sent me a couple of threatening email. I just wrote back FU AHole and he threatened again but no action. I also called Houston PD and they put me through to the AG office where I filed a complaint. The more complaints they get the better so call them up.
Don’t waste time going back to your CC company to file a claim as some of them have a cutoff date.

It has been alleged in Federal Court that he files lawsuits in order to get people to settle as a means of income. For some reason the Texas courts seem to let him file for free (IFP) and he seems to file multiple motions during the course of the trial to perhaps prolong the litigation. It seems his tactic may be to make the cost of litigating greater than the cost of settling. I can't see his cases in JP court in Houston but I can see his Federal cases on pacermonitor.com and he does sue a lot of institutions but is almost never successful.

Honestly I would contact the investigator listed in the 24hourcampfire.com and submit a complaint. Sorry this happened but I think if all take action we may see a good resolution.

Last edited:

Also I would contact the company of the item you tried to buy and let them know that there is a seller using their brand and merchandise to likely commit fraud. This is what happened with Vortex and they are currently suing him.

I am also a victim of OpticsandAmmo LLC. He got me for $149.57 when I ordered an original TC butt stock. The sequence of events was very similar to other posts here. I doubt I'll see the stock or a refund. I broke my own rule with this order. I sent a personal check as payment. My rule is send a USPS Money Order. From experience I have found if there is a problem like this you can file a fraud complaint with the USPS. They are slow but they WILL investigate your complaint. And when they find fraud (mail fraud) they WILL prosecute as a Federal Crime.

Darryle

WKR
I am the other brother Darryle @ the Campfire, if you need the contact information I have, I will be happy to pass it along, but the AG sounds like the best recourse since this is building steam

Here is the update I have and what is needed:

You can PM me and I will give you his name and work email address, this does two things, it keeps his name and email off the forum, allows me to verify validity thru this thread and protects him from legal action from this asshat. If you have a legitimate claim and you are just now finding this thread, please join the forum and contact me or use my email address (on my profile) to contact me, I will do my best to protect both parties and your privacy, I just want to see this guy shut down and prevent him from defrauding other sportsmen.

First Reply:

l sent an email yesterday afternoon asking who is the best person to handle it along with the link to the thread. I havent gotten a reply. In all reality I hope I get contact info with someone at HPD as we only have like 6 burglary and theft investigators in the entire county....

Second Reply:

I'm gonna need actual names of any reports that have been filed. If none have been filed they need to start on it so we can get the ball rolling.

Both burglary and theft along with financial crimes handle it

XXXXXX/quote]

I had a similar experience with Optics and Ammo. I called my credit card and was able to get the chargeback. The thread at 24 hour campfire thread was helpful. I would highly recommend contacting the investigator listed there. I did, and I will be filing a complaint as a result of my meeting. I gather we are keeping names off of this forum, so I will leave it at that.

ewade07

WKR
Lurker here,

Have never heard of this site until the thread popped up on the forum. Looked into it and WOW, this dudes something else. Im surprised no one has paid him a personal visit yet! I saw some dude said he makes burner email accounts and then drops a bunch of stuff in his cart on the site and then waits for this dude to email him saying hes left stuff in his cart and then he tells him to pound sand hahahahaha

MartyM

FNG
More and more victims are coming out of the wood work over on the Campfire. Apparently the DA is starting to take this seriously.
If i could get everyones email i am pushing it all thru to my AG in Mississippi, the Texas AG and also the Harris county DA. Ive done filed complaints with each and they are all working on it. If any of you have been scammed please send me your information to [email protected]

Please gather all information that you have and contact Samuel P. Maxwell at
Criminal Investigator, Financial Crimes
Office of Harris County District Attorney
Office: (713) 274-5769

Last edited:
If i could get everyones email i am pushing it all thru to my AG in Mississippi, the Texas AG and also the Harris county DA. Ive done filed complaints with each and they are all working on it. If any of you have been scammed please send me your information to [email protected]

Please gather all information that you have and contact Samuel P. Maxwell at
Criminal Investigator, Financial Crimes
Office of Harris County District Attorney
Office: (713) 274-5769

Can you confirm the email address mentioned above? ( [email protected] ) I am getting Mail Delivery Errors when sending email to it. Thanks