Options For Seated Shooting (Spartan Javelin)

gtriple

WKR
Wiser quick stix is as fast or faster. If I’m close to where I think I’m going to be seeing an animal I have my rifle in one hand and the connected stix in the other. can use as a trekking pole in rough country at the same time. See animal? 2 seconds to deploy. Give it a whirl. It’s a cheap experiment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly what I was thinking. If I'm in country that a quick shot is likely, the rifle is in one hand and the trekking poles are snapped together in the other. There is nothing quicker than shooting sticks. If you have time to take your backpack off or put down a bipod, then you definitely have time for shooting sticks.

You don't have to connect the QuickClip to them. Just drop your rifle in between the poles and get set.

I have the hatch. It’s been a good compromise. I’ve mostly killed with it prone. It’s not the best prone bipod however. Just not quite as steady or easy to preload.

My favorite for sitting is the wiser quick sticks. I almost always have trekking poles with me and they stay clipped together with the quick sticks. They are very fast to deploy, incredibly easy to get adjusted to the right height. Killed a lot of animals with them. They are equally steady as the long bipod in sitting mode, and much faster to adjust on the fly and in uneven terrain. More steady than dedicated shooting sticks because of the rigidity and weight.

This year will mostly be using an atlas bipod for longer prone shots and carrying my trekking poles with quick stix for the quick seated opportunities. If you carry trekking poles I think they are the way to go.