Options with my Tikka 30-06

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Okay, I was gonna say if you're on the front range I have some 30-06 loaded up with 168gr ttsx that works well, but you're way over there. :p Just pick up a box of vortx ammo loaded with the 168s to try out. :)

z987k

WKR
Guys, this is awesome. This gives me a great place to put my efforts. I will get that barrel all cleaned out and pick up a box of the Barnes TTSX in 168. I live in Steamboat, which is pretty fantastic for the outdoors.

I started out as entirely a fly fisherman. My fishing buddy, who is much more well rounded than myself, had his hunting partner move away. At that point he told me I was his new hunting partner... although I never owned a rifle or shot one for that matter. Now, the fly rods collect dust in the fall and I hunt much more than my buddy.

My next steps are to learn to reload, as this seems like the best way to get the most of a rifle and ammo. I really like the idea of those hammer bullets. Once I get that box of ammo in, I will post an update. Again, thanks.
Hammers kill fine, but there's other copper bullets with BC's that will really extend your effective range, and they kill fine to.
Also, since you're a lot higher than most in altitude, you will get even more range.

OP
B

bcolvin

FNG
Alright, I have 168 TTSX and 175 LRX on order. I'll post up results once I get them in and get to the range.

@z987k that will be great on the altitude. I am planning a high mtn mule deer hunt. Most of that will be around 11k or so.

@pods8 (Rugged Stitching) Thanks for all the advice. Hit me up if you are ever in the Steamboat area.