Oregon draw results are up

OP
roosiebull
I know 6 of us that drew SW. Went scouting yesterday, a LOT of green is already up on S and SE slopes. No bears but saw 11 deer, two spikes still carrying horns, out in the rain.
Yeah, for this time of year, green up looks really good, we just need to keep getting some little stretches of sun to keep things rolling

A few years ago, opening week was the best week of the season, bear all over… get some sun between now and then, then mild weather when it opens, might be good… it’s certainly looking good currently, everything is budding, skunk cabbage blooming, canary grass is growing in the bottoms, and the rocky bluffs are starting to look like they should have bear on them, pretty green… I love the rocky bluffs early, between that habitat and the bottoms, good places to see bear early

Drove down to our other house yesterday at the southern border, and it’s really looking good down there. I like good weather early because the ratio of good boars is good early

Pdzoller

WKR
Big fat nope! 😂 I really didn’t expect to draw this year though. Holding out for a different unit than usual. Still going to be out with the rifle. I’ve seen enough cats during the spring to think I might run across one.

If anyone else is going to head east around the eagle caps let me know! Hoping to get over there a couple of weekends later in the season.

Crap, I googled it a few weeks ago and it said March 31 was the deadline. I spent this weekend scouting a couple units I was gonna apply in.

Wish GoHunt would have sent me a notification of last day to apply.

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
Crap, I googled it a few weeks ago and it said March 31 was the deadline. I spent this weekend scouting a couple units I was gonna apply in.

Wish GoHunt would have sent me a notification of last day to apply.

OHA put one out through there app, but GH didn’t. I saw it on their IG though. At least they care enough to include OR haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
roosiebull
I drew Sled/Ches. It took me 3 points, but I'm stoked! Should be a good time.
I believe this transmission line was 87 miles that we worked last year, went from walla walla to enterprise, so a pretty big chunk of it was through the Blues, part of it went through the corner of Ches, and that little corner was the prettiest bear habitat on that whole line, every structure in this canyon was freshly scratched up from bear with some very high claw marks, and all of the hair I saw stuck to them was not black

Looked like a really fun unit to hunt bear. That line went through some great bear country, but that little corner of Ches was the best of it all. Not easy country to get into, but it was doable

Attachments

• IMG_5821.jpeg
    IMG_5821.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5822.jpeg
    IMG_5822.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 27
OHA put one out through there app, but GH didn’t. I saw it on their IG though. At least they care enough to include OR haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah it looks like I used the one search query that turned up March 31...tried a few other variations and they all popped up Feb. 10. I guess I'll just turkey hunt this spring.

Dirtscoots

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah it looks like I used the one search query that turned up March 31...tried a few other variations and they all popped up Feb. 10. I guess I'll just turkey hunt this spring.
If you have OnX elite they started a notification service that will text and email you. It is kinda clunky but seems more thorough then go hunts. You pick species and I have gotten text prior to every deadline.

Qholum37

Lil-Rokslider
I believe this transmission line was 87 miles that we worked last year, went from walla walla to enterprise, so a pretty big chunk of it was through the Blues, part of it went through the corner of Ches, and that little corner was the prettiest bear habitat on that whole line, every structure in this canyon was freshly scratched up from bear with some very high claw marks, and all of the hair I saw stuck to them was not black

Looked like a really fun unit to hunt bear. That line went through some great bear country, but that little corner of Ches was the best of it all. Not easy country to get into, but it was doable
Definitely some pretty country over there!

If you have OnX elite they started a notification service that will text and email you. It is kinda clunky but seems more thorough then go hunts. You pick species and I have gotten text prior to every deadline.
I just have one state OnX. Good to know though. I think I'll just look at the GoHunt app deadline calendar and enter all deadlines I care about in my personal/work calendars.