Oregon draw results are up

OP
roosiebull
I drew SW….looks like I’m going solo as I really didn’t expect to draw as a non-resident with 0 points and haven’t made plans with anyone to come along. But I’ve got a week off to hit it as hard as possible.
Heck yeah, go vanish into the mountains for a week and enjoy some solitude. There is no more fun time to sit behind glass all day than spring bear season, everything is green and pretty, and every critter in the woods is out and about enjoying the abundant food and nice weather

You’ll have a great trip. I cherish my time hunting alone, I have always preferred that, and is the only way for me if I’m trying to fill a tag.

If I’m hunting with others, it’s all about them, if I’m trying to fill a tag, it’s just me, and solo spring bear hunting is awesome and very relaxing. Don’t let that slow you down.

I won’t have much of that this year because I want my daughter to fill my tag, but I will be disappearing for a few days in the blues chasing merriams by myself, and I will be out a lot solo trying to find a bear for the kid to shoot

Heck yeah, go vanish into the mountains for a week and enjoy some solitude. There is no more fun time to sit behind glass all day than spring bear season, everything is green and pretty, and every critter in the woods is out and about enjoying the abundant food and nice weather

You’ll have a great trip. I cherish my time hunting alone, I have always preferred that, and is the only way for me if I’m trying to fill a tag.

If I’m hunting with others, it’s all about them, if I’m trying to fill a tag, it’s just me, and solo spring bear hunting is awesome and very relaxing. Don’t let that slow you down.

I won’t have much of that this year because I want my daughter to fill my tag, but I will be disappearing for a few days in the blues chasing merriams by myself, and I will be out a lot solo trying to find a bear for the kid to shoot
It’s not gonna slow me down one bit…..I’ll be packed light and moving fast! I’m looking forward to it so much and so glad to be getting back to the PNW for some time in the woods.

Taudisio

WKR
Anyone that drew a tag been out yet? Interested in what it’s been like since the opener.
Been out a few times including all day today. Saw some fresh tracks in the snow up high earlier in the week, wind was really swirly with the storm blowing in so I backed out early. I was down low today in a few very green cuts. No sign, no bears. I almost got a cat Tuesday, but it gave me the slip. Two buddies have seen a bear each but both did not shoot for “being solo” and “being the first day”. I’ve been trying new (closer to home) spots to me and they haven’t been panning out.

joehew89

FNG
Anyone that drew a tag been out yet? Interested in what it’s been like since the opener.

Still a little chilly in the NE corner. Been out shed hunting and screwing around. Always got my eyes peeled for a bear but haven't seen one yet.

Hunter609

Lil-Rokslider
Went out on the coast, didn’t see any bear but did see a few bunches of elk.

Attachments

• IMG_2166.jpeg
    IMG_2166.jpeg
    475.8 KB · Views: 28

Brando

FNG
Still a little chilly in the NE corner. Been out shed hunting and screwing around. Always got my eyes peeled for a bear but haven't seen one yet.
What’s the snow level like? We are heading over that way on the 21st. Not quite as far but far enough that snow could be an issue.
Went out on the coast, didn’t see any bear but did see a few bunches of elk.
Love seeing elk no matter what time of year. If we see piles of elk in a couple weeks instead of bears and turkeys it’s still a successful week.

welkin

FNG
I work in the southern Coast Range, spend a lot of time walking down closed road in the BLM/private checkerboard (and hiking off roads/trails). I have not seen any sign whatsoever. Any idea what they're doing this time of year/where they're at? I know to look around grassy areas, clearcuts, but there's so many places like that here that it doesn't really narrow it down. So weird I haven't seen anything at all.

No tag myself, but been out in Mt. Emily the last couple of weekends shed hunting and glassing a bit. New to the area but been exploring the last couple months and pretty familiar with current conditions. If anyone has a Mt. Emily tag and wants some help, send me a message. Would love to help.

joehew89

FNG
Headed there on Friday at oh dark thirty. Forecast is looking great.
Still decent amount of snow in the high country. Access to some places might still be tough. Had big ass dump of heavy snow last week that brought a bunch of trees down. Bring a chainsaw.

Still decent amount of snow in the high country. Access to some places might still be tough. Had big ass dump of heavy snow last week that brought a bunch of trees down. Bring a chainsaw.
Saw. Chains. Traction boards. Coal shovel. Axe. Extra gas :D

I doubt we’ll get to where I really want to go, but we’ll certainly get to some good spots.

jonesn3

Lil-Rokslider
I drew SW….looks like I’m going solo as I really didn’t expect to draw as a non-resident with 0 points and haven’t made plans with anyone to come along. But I’ve got a week off to hit it as hard as possible.
I drew a "not so good" unit last year with 0 pts as a non resident. Oregon is my home state and honestly just wanted to go hunt. I posted a little bit on last year's thread, but we had some success avoiding snow, access, and even spotting a bear (the stalk didn't work out). It was a good time. I'll be following the posts here, didn't apply this year and opted for a preference point. Good luck!

I drew a "not so good" unit last year with 0 pts as a non resident. Oregon is my home state and honestly just wanted to go hunt. I posted a little bit on last year's thread, but we had some success avoiding snow, access, and even spotting a bear (the stalk didn't work out). It was a good time. I'll be following the posts here, didn't apply this year and opted for a preference point. Good luck!
I feel like SW is ok.....I really just want to get a bear on the ground and fill the freezer. Plus, with limited time off I don't mind that I can also get to this unit the quickest from down here in CA.

Anyone been out in the Coast mountains lately? See any bears moving?

Dirtscoots

Lil-Rokslider
I was riding yesterday and in 2 different spots old growth stumps were torn up from a bear. I’ve only been out a couple times have yet to see one.

I was riding yesterday and in 2 different spots old growth stumps were torn up from a bear. I’ve only been out a couple times have yet to see one.
I'm still a couple weeks out from my hunt, had to pick timing based on work and home life.....hopefully things pick up a little by then!