Origin VRSA Pants thoughts

Darryle

WKR
I really want to try the VRSA Pants, but it appears that they have the tabbed button similar to the failed Prana Zion 2.0s?

Anyone confirm that? Is it as hard to use as Zion 2.0? Comparison to the original Prana Zions?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

My Prana Zions must be the older type with the four holes and thread. Attached photos of Nyloc pants. The VRSA were the same type of button.
IMG_3647.jpeg

IMG_3648.jpeg

My wife and I both have trousers by Gulch Gear that look the same (with the webbing). They have been bomb so far.
IMG_3649.jpeg

OP
Darryle

Darryle

WKR
Well, I have the original Zions and the Zions 1.0 with the traditional sewn on button. I absolutely hated the Zion II pants and I had real high hopes for them since they discontinued the original. I was glad they brought back the original. I bought 6 pair, but they are off the list for future purchases.

I know this will be trivial to some, but the fact they went out of the way to wish everyone a Happy Holidays versus Merry Christmas via email or social media, kinda rubbed me wrong.

FTR: I also unsubscribed to every ammo, sporting goods and firearms dealer that wished everyone a Happy Holidays via email.

I just try to buy American as much as possible. I’m very happy that much of my clothing is made in USA. I figure that’s a start. The “happy holidays” in lieu of saying Christmas is just more woke BS. I’ll pay more attention.

My VRSA size exchange finally arrived.
They are on the heavier side at 1 lb 5 oz.
The button is the webbing type.
IMG_3802.jpeg

The feel and weight of the fabric feels very similar to my WT Tactical trousers. The WTs are a bit heavier because they have some fleece type liner.
IMG_3799.jpeg

My initial impression of the VRSA vs. the Nyloc pants is that I will need to hem up the pant on the VRSA, the inseem length is definitely longer, even though they say the same size.

I’ll add that Origin got the articulated knee wrong on both pair, the bend is at my shin. I do like the pockets on both the VRSA and the Nylocs.

The pockets on the WT Tactical are “OK”. I have mixed feelings on the partial side zip of the WT Tactical. The little pocket at the bottom of the pant leg on the WTs seems unnecessary for hunting pants.

I’ll wear the VRSA, not returning.
IMG_3800.jpegIMG_3801.jpeg

Snicolio

WKR
Looking at getting a pair. How is the sizing? I am a slim 6 1 190 and usually wear a 34 tall in Sitka