Outdoorsmans bino hand vs. RRS cinch

Looking to buy a outdoorsmans bino hand or RRS cinch for a Kowa Genesis.

Any first hand experience with either? Other options I should look at.

I currently have the RRS cinch for my SFs and have had the bino hand in the past. I prefer the RRS by a good margin. The RRS is smaller and has an arca base which is nice if your running it on that tripod head. Also found the loosening/tightening of the strap (ratchet vs cam over) is easier on the RRS.

Beckjhong

WKR
I have the polymer rrs. It is by far my favorite bino mount. Super solid and $40. Stays on my binos in the pouch no problem.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I rented a pair of Swarovski that had a RRS cinch on them and was impressed with the function of them. The arca swiss was a nice bonus and fit the va5 head i had already on my tripod.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
C
Thanks for the replys. I was leaning towards the RRS cinch and your comments helped make my mind up.

I didn't realize the cinch was arca swiss. I have a va5 head so that is a bonus.

Flogger

FNG
I’m also in the same boat as the OP. Looking for something streamlined to attach Swaro EL 10x42’s to a tripod. I’m leaning towards RRS but is the polymer cinch tough enough and secure enough to give piece of mind or should I pay more for the metal version. Thanks

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
Has anybody tried fitting the rrs with an outdoorsmans adapter plate inside of a bino pouch?

Beckjhong

WKR
I’m also in the same boat as the OP. Looking for something streamlined to attach Swaro EL 10x42’s to a tripod. I’m leaning towards RRS but is the polymer cinch tough enough and secure enough to give piece of mind or should I pay more for the metal version. Thanks
It is very solid for me. Are you hammering in tent stakes with your binos?

Drenalin

WKR
I haven't used the Bino Hand, but the polymer version of the Cinch has been awesome for me in the couple of months I've had it. Holds my binos very solidly, it's lightweight, and at $40 it's cheap.

I've got mine on a pair of BX-4s and it fits in a medium OV bino harness - snugly, but it fits. I don't think I could add anything else to the package and still get it in and out comfortably. Here are some pictures of it on my binos to give an idea of size.

Cinch Side.jpg
Cinch Top.jpg