Pack squeak cure

Beendare

WKR
Best wax for silencing pack straps that I've found is Parrafin- the stuff they use for canning. No odor and it lasts a long time.

If you are going to use silicone spray- which will smell for a very long time- you might as well spray a little WD-40 in your pits to try and hide the smell- Grin.

TheGDog

WKR
I wrapped the tips of my KUIU carbon frame with some black athletic tape I bought off amazon. problem solved!
Did that "athletic tape" eventually work itself off? I tried Kifaru's suggestion of Hockey Tape, but it didn't last long at all, before it worked itself off.

Seeing these other posts, I'm thinking Bow-string wax would totally be the way to go!

(Big thank you to whomever shared that one!)

Rokwiia

WKR
I'm confused about what it is you're waxing. Is it the contact point on the frame that you're waxing or the bag itself where is comes in contact with the frame?

Fatcamp

WKR
I'm confused about what it is you're waxing. Is it the contact point on the frame that you're waxing or the bag itself where is comes in contact with the frame?

I waxed straps and buckles that I suspected and the pockets for my frame that I knew were squeeking. Basically tore it apart and put a thin film on both sides of anything I thought might squeek. I was annoyed when I did it.