Panguitch Lake Muzzy Hunt

Fitzwho

WKR
If anybody has any experience/lives near Panguitch Lake and would be willing to answer a few questions I have, please let me know.

I have driven through part of the unit last year and have many hours of e-scouting, etc. I have several spots marked up as Plans A through D/E, would just like somebody to tell me if I am totally off-base or not.

One other question: got an email from UDWR that I can pick up a cow tag for the unit. Season is for 12/11-12/19. I know that I can hunt that cow tag during my muzzleloader deer hunt, worth burning my point on it or no? Burns 5 cow elk points is the only reason I hesitate. That is likely the only time I could hunt the cow tag (9/29-10/4) as I may not be able to return in December due to another trip we are trying to plan.

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
South & SE of Panguitch Lake gets most of my attention.
The high elevation country, basins but I'm hunting general archery. Lots of does low near the forest areas, hills surrounding the lake. And I see few elk, very few elk when archery deer hunting.

the trout fishing isn't bad either come fall.

IanCOLO

FNG
I have a buddy that guides down there and does pretty well at it if you are open to that option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk