Pants help

Krgawe

FNG
It's annoying that they don't offer women's clothing exactly like men's clothing. My First Lite pants have knee pads, reinforced seat, and long side vents. They don't offer that in women's.

The best women's pants I've seen are the Kuiu attack pants. Those plus the zip-off Kuiu bottoms are great.

The Forloh Allclima pants look awesome too.
I agree, it annoys me as well. The attack and the zip off merino are nice however the women’s attack inseam isn’t long enough for tall gals.

The weather will be warm but she may layer under them with zip off merino (if you have a lead on that I’m all ears too)
I know this thread is a little old, but the only zip-off merino baselayer I've found for women is the Kuiu Ultra Merino zip-off bottom. They are fantastic- the length is made so that you don't end up with the zipper inside your boot.

I took advice from folks on the cheap stuff that works page and went shopping at Walmart with my daughter for some pants. We got her a couple pairs of the Wrangler outoodor pants and they were extremely comfortable and have worn remarkably well through a couple Western elk hunts and many days of bird hunting. She is 5'4" and weighs around 145 with large muscular thighs from years of Olympic weightlifting. The pants have ample stretch and had enough room to easily layer with merino bottoms. The best part is they were around $35 per pair. I'm not hating on the outdoor brands mentioned, but there are alternatives out there for much less that get the job done well and help save money for other gear items.

I just want to add more to reference in this thread in case any ladies find it in the future-

I got a pair of Fjallraven Keb pants almost a month ago. They're G-damned expensive, but also absolutely feel as good as, if not better than most "hunting" marketed pants out there. Mine are the "curved" version, which means they're roomier in the hips and thighs for the given waist size. Other features- Lots of stretch in the places where you want it, reinforced fabric in the high wear areas, zipper vents in both the thighs and the calf areas, kneepad compatible, pockets large enough to hold a kitten in each one. I was between sizes on their chart- My hip measurement says I'm a size 6, my waist measurement says I'm a size 8. I tried both sizes, and because they stretch so much within a couple of hours of wear, ended up getting the 6.
I'm going to put them through the wringer this summer with work and scouting and see how they hold up and will have a review on GearJunkie once they're put to the test.

madcalfe

WKR
my wife uses the fjallraven kebs when we go sheep hunting and likes them.
I've been using the kebs the last 3 years on my sheep hunts and they have held up great.
would definitely recommend them.