PEAX SOLITUDE 4 TIPI GIVEAWAY

peax_equip

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Win the new PEAX SOLITUDE 4 tipi or some of our other top rated gear!

Hey Everyone, Brice w/ PEAX here! As you may have seen in Robby's welcome post, PEAX is now an advertising partner with Rokslide and we are excited to be on the platform. With that being said, we wanted to do a big giveaway and give everyone in the community a chance to win one of our new SOLITUDE 4 tipi's, or some of our other top rated gear pieces.

HOW TO ENTER:

1. Read Josh Boyd's review on the SOLITUDE 4 tipi HERE.
2. Check out the SOLITUDE 4 tipi on our website HERE.
3. Come back to this thread and tell us what your favorite feature of the SOLITUDE 4 is OR ask us any question you may have.

That's it! Everyone that makes a comment in this thread will get entered into the giveaway and 1 person will be randomly selected to WIN the tipi. 5 other individuals will be selected to win prizes like our gaiters, trekking pole, or headlamp.

GOOD LUCK!

Brice

PS - We've also setup an exclusive product discount for the Rokslide community. You can use code "ROKSLIDE" on our website to save 10% on any of our products.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Can you be a bit more specific on your fabric specs? Is it really PU coated silnylon on both sides or is it sil exterior and PU interior coatings? Did you use PU so you could factory tape the seams? Is this actually a PU or a PEU coating?

"The lightweight 20D Silnylon fabric with proprietary STORMSHIELD Coating™ is specially formulated to last up to 3x longer than traditional PU coatings ensuring lasting protection during inclement weather events."

OP
peax_equip

peax_equip

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Any chance Peax might make a center pole attachment to duplicate what the cross trek does without needing to use a persons trecking poles?
Interesting idea.... We took the "system" approach when designing the CROSSTREK Stabilization feature of the tipi so that you didn't have to bring any additional carbon fiber poles or stays but technically you could use something other than your trekking poles. That being said, it is super fast and simple to install and remove the trekking poles and since that is the design intent you'll get the best performance by using a pair of trekkers.

Firestone

WKR
That is a pretty sweet price point. With the rokslide discount it's gonna be hard to beat. The trekking pole design will be awesome for drying clothes out as well.

OP
peax_equip

peax_equip

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
That is a pretty sweet price point. With the rokslide discount it's gonna be hard to beat. The trekking pole design will be awesome for drying clothes out as well.
Glad you're interested! You won't be disappointed.

TL406

Lil-Rokslider
The door configuration is the most interesting feature to me, seems intuitive for several reasons. Been keeping my eye on this tent for a while.

The integration with the ground cloth and overall geometry make the Solitude an extremely interesting option. I'd love to try one!

Poser

WKR
I like the door design and the trekking pole reinforcement is interesting.

How much abdominal strain is required to zip up the door when laying down? I ask because, in a dehydrated and depleted state, I’ve had a moment of violent abdominal cramps while attempting to zip up a shelter from my sleeping bag.

I think the trekking pole cross feature is pretty slick. The pitch close to ground and steep walls, plus overall size would make a perfect backpacking hot tent