Pennsylvania elk

Questions for you pa. elk hunters, Do you have too be a resident, if not and you are fortunate enough too draw a NR tag is there a requirement that you must be guided, if so whats the going rate for a guide, how many points would be needed too even be looked at for a NR hunt. Then there is how much is a license. Just thinking.

Lurch12

Lil-Rokslider
Questions for you pa. elk hunters, Do you have too be a resident, if not and you are fortunate enough too draw a NR tag is there a requirement that you must be guided, if so whats the going rate for a guide, how many points would be needed too even be looked at for a NR hunt. Then there is how much is a license. Just thinking.

Cost- $11.97 to apply
If drawn- $101 for hunting license and $250 for elk tag.
Odds of drawing are 1:7,665, to 1:12,500 according to a recent article I read.

I do not believe you would need a guide but not being familiar with the area you would most likely want to get one. As far as cost for a guide I am unsure.

There is a very limited number of tags available- 187.

Thanks, we were in benezett a few years back watching the elk, there are some big boys up that way, I had a cousin lived up that way always wanted him too put in for a tag, but he wouldnt do it. even told him if he drew I would go with him and help get the elk out if he was sucessful. We served in the Marine Corps together, but sadly a few years back he passed away. This year I am going too Wyoming for mule deer, also with a Marine brother, got a nice antelope in the 2019 season out there, elk is on the radar for the next hunt hopefully.

Big Lew

FNG
Anyone putting in and buying raffle tickets for Pennsylvania? Some of the biggest bulls I’ve ever seen
ddde46480f837b0b65b716ce048418f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. Put in for every opportunity. Hopefully I get drawn this year. :)

RS3579

WKR
I was quoted at $2500 for my cow tag last year. This was guided/meals/lodging for the rifle general season (1week). It’s a lottery so it’s luck if the draw. I decided on DIY and was successful the 1st day. Good luck if you applied. I guide is NOT required.

Lowg08

WKR
I just bought points this year in Pennsylvania. Im just going to buy points until I feel like I have a good chance. I’ll keep donating to Kentucky too. I want to kill an elk where Daniel Boone did.

I just bought points this year in Pennsylvania. Im just going to buy points until I feel like I have a good chance. I’ll keep donating to Kentucky too. I want to kill an elk where Daniel Boone did.
The thing is, you'll never have a good chance. No matter how many points you have.

Zeeman

FNG
I have 17 points and hope that I can draw a bull tag before I am 90 ( I am 65) !! I have elk hunted in many western states and the bulls in PA are as big as anywhere in North America. I have a cabin up there and spend a bunch of time in the area. I once saw a 380class bull get run off by a bull so spectacular I could not even guess at his score. Last year a 10x11 with a herd of cows put on quite a show visible to many spectators. I don't know how he could lift his head up!!!